cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Need help asap

Hello late last night a unknown device accessed my now tv and purchased  a pass I have been trying to get hold of now tv to resolves this if that's not possible I will go to the relative authority's but my bank can't refund unless now tv customer  service  allowed it now tv has been block by my card to stop any more and pass changed for this please help 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

First, go to My Account/Settings & PINs and set a Payment PIN. This will stop anyone but you buying a Pass on your account in future.

Next, change the Password on your account.

And while in there, force everyone off your account, as described here.

You can log your devices back in, but no one else should be able to, now.

Then contact Live Chat, as at bottom, to see if they can throw any light on what has happened, and maybe refund you.

You also want to think about this yourself; have you sold or given away a NowTV device, or something, like a laptop or a TV with the app on, without wiping it first? It’s easy for the new owner of such to rename the device so you don’t recognise it.

Have you shared you account details, wittingly, or unwittingly, in any way?

So think hard about how you might have got breached.

And when you talk to Live Chat, see if you should  delete the now defused unknown device, perhaps after first taking a screenshot of the details.

Reaching Live Chat:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, and haven’t set an Ad Blocker, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.