cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV app crashing on TalkTalk Youview box

The NOWTV app on my TalkTalk Youview box keeps crashing. It happens when I select a show or film to watch. The screen loads for a few seconds, goes black for a minute or so, and then reverts to the Youview app selection page. 

This happens only with the NOWTV app. Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Prime are all working fine. 

So far I have: 

- Turned the box off and removed all cables 

- Checked my internet connection, which was fine 

It was working fine yesterday and this morning and now I can’t get it to stop doing this. I’m going to need to cancel my passes because NOWTV has been so temperamental on my devices. 

Can anyone help please? Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have been getting something similar myself on my BT Youview box in the last day or so, where sometimes the NowTV on Demand programme will not open and constantly hangs there with the loading four coloured spinning circles.

The only way i can get it working is power down the Youview box and sometimes the box and Router needs a reboot by unplugging the power for about 30 seconds.

Then when i open the NowTV App again the TV programme then plays fine.

If i leave the Youview box unused with the NowTV App left open for a while the same thing happens with the spinning coloured circles loading screen when attempting to watch stuff on Demand (so annoying and frustrating).

The live NowTV channels seem to open up first time every time.

Haven't had chance to go one either the BT TV Community Forum or TalkTalk forum to see if the issue is happening to more Youview box customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry to hear you're having the same frustrating issue, though I'm glad
it's not just me!

Mine seems to work again after being off overnight. Yesterday a reboot
didn't fix it, I just had to stream something else on a different platform.

It's so frustrating, especially considering other apps like Netflix work
absolutely fine. I can't even watch NowTV on my laptop because the player
you need to download is also really temperamental.