cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you both for your help! I thought it would be standard freeview, but i just wanted to double check.  I really appreciate both of your quick responses 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You wont be able to access the streaming channels - https://www.freeview.co.uk/why-freeview/smart-tv/streaming-channels-and-connect-tv nor the 'red button' channels that are available on channels such as 4Music, and Russia Today.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/channels-at-your-address will give you  a list of channels available in your area.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Shawny for your help. Im sure i will survive without those streaming channels on freeview!  And that link for the freeview channels available in my area was very helpful!

I will just have to get used to not recording my favourite programs, and get used to either watching them live or on demand!!

lenturn
Scholar 2

So now the new box is out in the wild, can anyone tell me if the usb can be used for video playback and if so what app does it use?

Thx.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

A quick question, have you got a TV with Freeview HD or another terrestrial device that works off an aerial already in your house ?

If so, have a look on the channel list in the epg, that might give you an idea of the number & channel stations that you can receive in your home.

I will see if if can find some further information with the full channel list, but it would be dependent on your TV aerial reception from your local transmitter station.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

The new smartbox isn't available on Amazon yet, but it wil be in due course so keep an eye out. In the meantime, you can purchase a bundle direct from our website or from high st retailers such as Tesco's, Argos or Currys/PC World.

Bisa

NOW TV Team

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @NOWTV Team,

Can this topic be moved into this forums new dedicated NOW TV Smart Box sub-section please?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone sideloaded Rarflix onto the new box yet, If so does it work ok?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User any apps which you can sideload on to the older white and black boxes work fine on the new Smart Box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Cheers, ordered mine earlier today from Sky so hopefully won't be long before being up and running.