cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
Legend 5
Legend 5
You'll just have to wait and see. Though handy it can run on own power or am I making that up 😉
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I must say, I love the new box but in this day and age I can't understand why there isn't a 7 day TV guide! I thought now and next died in the ON Digital days!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Yes, it's a definite oversightSmiley Surprised

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hope this link from Sky corporate website will help some :

https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2016/now_tv_launches_uk_first_contract_free_tv_broa...

My question really is that I have Sky HDplus with the entertainment sub, Sky landline and Sky broadband fibre (38mb). Looking at the prices on that page I could get to watch Sky1 and Sky Atlantic and double my BB to 78mb for £25 at the moment I paying for the sub £22.50 an £20 for 38mb, so this is really tempting. I was considering to cancel my skybox anyway and get a freesat box (dumping also the landline and BB for Virgina media BB ) but now I would save at least 25 pounds with this new setup avoiding me the palaver of switching over to Virgin Media and losing my landline number if Vonage can't port in. 

So I'm asking if I go for this combo Entertainment, Super Fibre etc.... What will happen with my current Set-up ? Is it just a case for them to send me the new Now TV combo box and the rest stays the same but with the new pricing or do I need to get everything moved across to NOWTV so that they set it up at their end ? Also I take it that Now TV will have the option of setting up a Direct Debit ? 

If anyone from the NOW TV team knows what happen to existing sky users it would be really helpful, please ....thank you ! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 🙂

Great to see that you've got this worked out really well! Unfortunately we're not able to give out any more information just yet but you can be sure that there will be more to share and show very soon! So do keep an eye out for that.

Thanks,

Ryan
NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I understand! I know that as soon as I receive the email saying the website is ready for sign ups I'm there ! lol
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see the new Now TV Smart Boxes are now available to buy directly from Now TV

Do you have a date of when they will be avaialable to buy from retails stores such as Argos / Curry's etc. ?

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Andy, I need better glasses - LOL as I was just on the Argos site and new saw them.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No worries, they are hidden away amongst all the other NOW TV products - there are that many variations now it's difficult to find what you want!