cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know when there going to be on amazon?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I remember when the NowTV 2015 black box was introduced back in August last year Argos was the first Retailer to have the new box on their website, places like Amazon etc if my memory serves me right followed a couple of days later.

Hopefully this will be the case with this new 2016 smart box (perhaps emailing Amazon Customer Services Dept for confirmation that they will be selling the box and when they expect stock) ?

Maybe a member of the NowTV Team can confirm the full list of official retailers that will be selling the new smart box (a pure guess on my part that it may be the usual NowTV shop outlets & website retailers) ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah yes the box that gave Sky some palpitations, when Argos sold me one early. The Spanish Inquisition followed when I revealed that here. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Ah yes the box that gave Sky some palpitations, when Argos sold me one early. The Spanish Inquisition followed when I revealed that here. 

I remember it well... Smiley LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When someone gets the box would they mind post pictures and/or videos of the new box and how it looks?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Try this link (or are you looking for photos or video of the new box in the real world in a home setup) ?

https://twitter.com/NOWTV/status/748074031589507073

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

im looking at the box in a real world setup.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone help me witha  question about the new now tv smart box combo? I noticed that the website mentioned if i  "Get over 60 Freeview channels including 12 in glorious HD" but does anyone know where i can find out what these channels are?

Many thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Can anyone help me witha  question about the new now tv smart box combo? I noticed that the website mentioned if i  "Get over 60 Freeview channels including 12 in glorious HD" but does anyone know where i can find out what these channels are?

Many thanks!

https://www.freeview.co.uk/why-freeview/channels

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User that's exactly the same link I was about to give Smiley Happy

@Anonymous User remember what channels you can actually get depends on where you are in the UK. So depending on where you are you can get up to 60 channels and up to 12 HD channels.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.