cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User but you just can't stream 70 freeview channels without permission from each of the broadcasters as TVCatchup found out and TVPlayer are restricted by (see no ITV2, ITV3, ITV4, ITVBe, E4, More4, Film4, 4+1 etc) 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I am quite sad that the Free-to Air channels have not been put on streaming like Sky One etc... 

Not all of the 'Free-to-air' channel providers offer a 'live streaming' service. And those who do don't offer very high quality images. Nothing like as good as NOW TV's 'live streaming' service Smiley Surprised 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new box may well be very useful if it gets rid of that terrible 'filmic' effect you get when watching live football!  It's the only complaint I have about Now TV - if they could get rid of that it would be perfect. (IMHO!)

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

The new box may well be very useful if it gets rid of that terrible 'filmic' effect you get when watching live football!  It's the only complaint I have about Now TV - if they could get rid of that it would be perfect. (IMHO!)

Hopefully the proposed new NOW TV smart box will offer a 50Hz video output for both 'live' DVB-T and internet streaming. If it does then... problem solved Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I've just taken delivery of this new box but if I remeber correctly when signing up to the trial I signed an NDA...

However I though we would get access to a restricted area on the forum to discuss amongst other trialists...

Is that not the case, it would be silly to post in regard to the new device in a public domain.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So I've just taken delivery of this new box but if I remeber correctly when signing up to the trial I signed an NDA...

However I though we would get access to a restricted area on the forum to discuss amongst other trialists...

Is that not the case, it would be silly to post in regard to the new device in a public domain.

@Anonymous User

You are right dont post anything about the new box on the public forums.

Send a PM to @Karl-F

He will sort out your missing Private Board on the forums from where to discuss about the new box, which for some unknown reason is not showing up on your computer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please can I also now get addeded to the closed forum too.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you haven't done-so already, the first thing you need to register your interest here: NOW TV Smart Box beta registration is open!

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User

Have you been selected for the new box trial ?

pirate0184
Scholar

I need to be added to the closed forum as well please.