cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
ukbobboy
Legend

@SeeMoreDigital

Hi SMD

I have tried to read through @Anonymous User post and it has left me thinking/feeling, what was the point of all that.  After all, the current small black box, as far as we know, will still be on sale for those users who do not want freeview, i.e. there will still be a choice of which box to buy.

You know, I do not plan on buying the up and coming new box but I do welcome having the choice of whether I want to or not, and who knows I may yet change my mind.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I would never be too critical or negative against any product, until all the specifications / features are known and some actual hands on tests / reviews have been done.

At the moment there is limited information about this new NowTV box to suggest that it would be either beneficial or a pointless addition to the NowTV hardware product line up.

Be patient guys, we will find out quite shortly.

Personally, I am looking forward to this device ( being a Projector and older Plasma TV owner which doesn't have an inbuilt HD tuner).

I am also interested, to see what this device brings to the table and what differentiates this newer NowTV box against the other competitors smart boxes on the market.

BicBasher
Elite

50Hz.  It'll make the Now TV box a game changer for me as I currently use Chromecast to watch All4, iPlayer, YouTube etc which render the picture correctly.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
When will people find out if they've been successful with their trial applications ?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

We can't confirm a date for this. It was set to be within the next few weeks.

This is dealt with by a different team here.

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for keeping us informed, Rob.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wondering any progress on this? Any ideas on time-frames? Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Thanks for the reply.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm curious as to whether anyone is actually currenty on the new box trial?  If so, you probably can't say because of an NDA...  but if that is the case I'd equally be interested to know your view on this weekend's weather in a reply below 🙂 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I'm curious as to whether anyone is actually currenty on the new box trial?  If so, you probably can't say because of an NDA...  but if that is the case I'd equally be interested to know your view on this weekend's weather in a reply below 🙂 

The 'new' box has not been distributed to beta testers yet...