cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User thank you! I got the aerial. It's not perfect, a bit scrambled but it is something atleast 😄

If I get accepted I cannot guarantee it'll work so you may need to consider that. 

Best of luck to everyone!

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Legend 5
Legend 5
Casey try a booster with it. Should help.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
When do trails start
Legend 5
Legend 5
I doubt that they are taking on applications for trial now.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268

Seems problem resolved for @pauline1769

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello everyone. As you know a new now tv box is getting ready to be sent to beta testers. We know it's going to integrate FTA channels. What else would you like to see from the new box?

Conor
Legend 5
Legend 5
I would like to see UKTV player.

A YouTube player app would be nice.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AFAICT the box will be the normal NOW TV/Roku apps in one part with the option to switch to Freeview in the other. Doubt anything new than Freeview will arrive.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

AFAICT the box will be the normal NOW TV/Roku apps in one part with the option to switch to Freeview in the other. Doubt anything new than Freeview will arrive.

Apart from maybe a better spec hardware box i.e faster processor speeds and possibly more RAM etc, I tend to agree with artesea.

I assume the inbuilt Freeview tuner will be HD ?

On another note, just wish NowTV will catch up with their main competition and offer 1080p and 5.1 surround sound streaming service.

With the existing NowTV black box only released in August 2015, I can see this newer box running concurrently with the current black box, but sold at a higher price for a premium product / service.

When the new box does finally go on sale to the public, it will be interesting at what price point that this product will be pitched at.  

Suppose we will have to wait and see what surprises the new box brings to the table.