cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
pauline1769
Expert

hi tom

could you  pass this on to the trials team 

i was offered the chance to take part in a previous trial but the now tv app would'nt update on my lg tv so I could'nt take part in the previous trial i would love to get the chance to test the new box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@pauline1769

Tom has moved on and is no longer with NowTV

@Karl-F is now community manager and should see your post

There is a link to trial on rhs near top

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I found a cheap one in Argos. If I get it tomorrow and it works can I change the DTT question to 'Yes'?

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 I can get it updated for you, yeah. No need to buy it just yet, but you'll need it for when the box arrives (should you be successful in getting onto the trial of course!)

@Anonymous User let me know if you plan on doing the same.

Cheers,

Tom

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Oh I figured that, so fingers crossed for me 😉

Its about time I got an aerial anyway providing it gets a signal 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User I found a cheap one in Argos. If I get it tomorrow and it works can I change the DTT question to 'Yes'?

@caseyb1993

How far is the local TV transmitter from your house ?

If you are looking at a cheap indoor aerial and your nearest transmitter is a few miles away (20 miles plus) it may struggle getting a decent quality signal.

I would ask Argos, if you would be entitled to a refund if you find the tv reception is weak on the aerial.

Should Argos refund policy don't cover tv aerials,then maybe it might be wise to invest in a slightly better performing tv aerial. 

Just a thought, unless you are willing to take a chance on a cheap indoor aerial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I hadn't used my aerial for quite a while but thought I would check it out to see if it still works okay. Works a treat Smiley Happy Even if i don't get selected for the trial at least I know it will work when I eventually get my hands on one of the new boxes.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thank you @schnapps. I am prepared to try it as I think they do hand out refunds 🙂

I'll double check when I go in store. 🙂

Also the transmitter isn't too far away but this summer I am planning on getting the outdoor one sorted and spliced. 🙂

If I can't get it sorted then it isn't the end of the world but it is worth a try 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Tom,

I'm going to give the trial a miss as I don't have an aerial and don't want to not be able to provide the feedback if an indoor one doesn't work for it.
Thanks for the help anyway 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no problem, thanks for showing an interest anyway!

@caseyb1993 I've let the trials team know your application needs to be amended.

Thanks,

Tom