cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

NOW TV to launch most advanced box yet

"Online TV streaming service, NOW TV, is to launch its most advanced TV box later this year. The brand new NOW TV Smart Box will bring together NOW TV’s wide range of pay TV content and over 60 live free-to-air channels.

Additionally customers with a NOW TV Box will see new a brand new interface (UI) roll out to their TVs from February. The new-look UI will include a number of great new features including a content-rich homepage offering editorial recommendations of what to watch across catch up TV apps and pay TV content from NOW TV. A new ‘Best of Catch Up’ section, curated by content partners, will also arrive showcasing all the best shows our customers may have missed in one place.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV said: “The launch of our new homepage on the NOW TV Box will make it easier than ever for our customers to quickly find and watch their favourite shows. And when the new NOW TV Smart Box arrives later this year, it will be the perfect one-stop box to get a contract-free, flexible way of watching the best of pay TV and free-to-air content all in one place.”

NOW TV worked with Silicon Valley based Roku Inc. to develop the new NOW TV Smart Box which will sit alongside the existing NOW TV Box, with pricing details and further information to be made available later in the year."

340 REPLIES 340
nickmorc
Expert 2

Loads of the new boxs on sale in Asda Poole.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nickmorc

I am guessing are they the same price has the Argos & Tesco websites with the option of either the movie or entertainment pass bundle included in the box ?

Did you notice any standalone smart boxes without the voucher pass ?

nickmorc
Expert 2

@schnapps wrote:

@nickmorc

I am guessing are they the same price has the Argos & Tesco websites with the option of either the movie or entertainment pass bundle included in the box ?

Did you notice any standalone smart boxes without the voucher pass ?

Same price with vouchers, no boxes without.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like to take part / get one on release but I don't have an aerial. Does it require one to work?
Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I just came off live chat with that question as I don't have one either and no you don't. Just broadband/wifi connection 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your help, that's great news!! 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User No problem! I was happy with that as well! Smiley Very Happy

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

I would imagine that you would need an aerial to get the Freeview channels.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

When I asked in an email as well, they replied:

'Sorry to hear your aerial broke during the storm. The good news is you don't need an aerial connection. Just a broadband connection' 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 that's the response for using a normal NOW TV box. Whilst you'd be able to use all the online bits of the new box, it's possible that the trial will need a working aerial as it is this part which needs testing.