cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV broadband router..

Dear anyone,

I've just received a NOW TV router and I see from the network details that it has duel ID's and 2.4Ghz and 5 GHz.. what's the reason and how do they work?

Kind regards, Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Having a Dual Band Router will take advantage of both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi frequencies where you may find on certain devices and location of the room from where the Router is positioned that one band works better than the other.

With the NOW Hub 2 Router you need to split the wifi bands and setup your internet connected devices which works best on either of the two bands.

Otherwise the NOW Hub Router will automatically switch to what the NOW Hub thinks is the best and from my experience causes temporary drop outs.

i find splitting the bands and testing on both 2.4 and 5ghz to find which is more stable for me.

In my case and environment 2.4ghz runs best with my setup.

Here's the instructions how to do it.

Your Hub Two is dual-band (2.4GHz and 5 GHz). Splitting these bands to create 2 different Wi-Fi networks can help to improve the speed to your devices. Here’s how to do it:

1. Open your web browser and enter "192.168.0.1” in the address bar.
  2. Select Maintenance and enter “admin” and “nowtv” as the username and password.
  3. Select Wireless and then 2.4 GHz Wireless Settings
  4. Scroll down to “Wireless Access Point” and uncheck Synchronise 2.4GHz and 5GHz Settings.
  5. In the ‘Name (SSID)’ box, Change the network name to distinguish it from the current network (e.g. add “_2.4G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  6. Check the network name has been updated, and then select 5GHz Wireless Settings.
  7. To be able to see easily which network is which on your devices, change the ‘Name (SSID)’ here too (e.g. add “_5G” to the current name). Select Apply.
  8. That’s it. Select Logout at the top of the screen to exit.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try holding in the reset button on the back of the NOW Hub Router for around 15 seconds and start all over again.

Once you put the Router back to its shipped default settings, give the Router around 5 minutes to settle down.

Also maybe try a different WiFI channel on the NOW Hub as well.

If going around in circles, contact the NOW Broadband Team for further assistance and help.