cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NOW TV News

@Miketurn During the setup process the remote is paired up with the stick and only that paired remote can be used to control the stick, so if you have two set up in different rooms the remotes wouldn't interfere with each other (I have the stick set up in the same room as a Roku with wifi remote and the two live happily next to each other!)

Miketurn
Regular 2

That's good to hear. Smiley Happy

0 Thanks
Rich1986
Contributor 3

For info. These sticks can now be bought from argos on ebay and collected same day.
0 Thanks
Wlat
Regular 4

I already have two Now TV Smart Boxes - one in the lounge and the other in the bedroom.  Would there be any advantage in replacing either or both of them with Now TV Sticks?

Wlat

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Wlat

If you like the idea of voice search for nowtv content and pausing live nowtv streams, then for £15 it might be worth the upgrade (only you can decide that).

The TV on / off and volume control on the nowtv remote controller is a nice feature to have and saves you picking up the TV remote Smiley Happy

Also, if your TV supports a suitable USB connection then you can plug the power off the stick into your TV's USB port saving using the power supplied adapter into a mains outlet socket.

For a Bedroom or Kitchen option hiding the stick behind the TV and connecting it straight into a HDMI port might appeal to some people avoiding a clutter of a box on show,

Highlighted
Wlat
Regular 4

@schnapps

Thanks for the info.  The features you described are "nice to have", but they are outweighed by the loss of the facility to view FreeView channels.

If I ever want to watch Now TV away from home, I use either my iPad or my Android mobile phone, so all four of my permitted devices are already in use.

On balance, I have decided to stick with what I've got. (No pun intended!)

Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

Wlat

Rich1986
Contributor 3

Just collected mine from argos. Will see what its like.
Miketurn
Regular 2

@Wlatwrote:

@schnapps

Thanks for the info.  The features you described are "nice to have", but they are outweighed by the loss of the facility to view FreeView channels.

If I ever want to watch Now TV away from home, I use either my iPad or my Android mobile phone, so all four of my permitted devices are already in use.

On balance, I have decided to stick with what I've got. (No pun intended!)

Smiley Indifferent

Regards,

Wlat

You can pause live channels on both Freeview and Now TV with your Smart box anyway, so that's one 'nice to have' that you've already got. Smiley Happy

ken242
Helper 1

just got email about the NOW TV Stick a date as been confirmed when it launchs on the  26.2.18 https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/7077

commanda6 Champion 2
Champion 2

@ken242 wrote:

just got email about the NOW TV Stick a date as been confirmed when it launchs on the  26.2.18 https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/7077

that is correct. I've had the same email as @ken242 by the looks of it. It doesn't appear that you can preorder it from the NowTV website, thoughSmiley Sad

I do not work for now TV. I am simply a NowTV customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

If you find posts on the community useful or helpful can you give them Thanks By pressing the thumbs up button. If a post solves a problem you are having can you mark it as an accepted solution.