cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NO INTERNET

I have been without an Internet connection since Friday, and I am in a very difficult situation. This prevents me from doing my job. There has been an outage in this area for four days and it still hasn't been fixed.  I need immediate assistance.

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

You need to contact the customer support team directly, call 0800 759 1213, lines are open 8:00am to 8:00pm 7 days a week. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yes, same for me. No internet since Friday morning. I've called and out in a formal complaint. Appalling service.

Apparently Openreach engineers don't work weekends anymore and no one has thought about service provision and how to address this issue. We are paying customers with no service.

Now are taking no responsibility for updating customers about what is exactly happening. No estimates on timing. Just passing the buck to Openreach. Dreadful complacency.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is ridiculous and unacceptable. I'm  using my mobile internet to do my work at home. MY mobile bill has swollen up already. Unfortunately, I had renewed my contract two months ago, but I haven't got the internet since Friday.   I want to leave NOW broadband without paying any cancellation fee. I need immediate help. Can sb help please? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Use the number supplied by @redchiz1 and call the broadband team.

No-one will contact you off the back of a customer to customer forum.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree, it's completely unacceptable. Today the internet is an essential.
I have also left NOW. I don't know what's in their small print. But
unfortunately I think other providers may also be affected. When I spoke to
them, they said that it was Openreach at fault - I know they said that
since COVID the engineers don't work weekends, which is ridiculous - they
need find people to cover. I am shocked by the complacency.
The least NOW could do is to keep us informed about what the engineers are
actually doing - if anything!

We need to complain to Outreach too - there's a section you can fill in -
but obviously need internet! They also tell you to take it up with your
provider.
redchiz1
Champion 2

If your fault has not been resolved within 30 days then you can leave without penalty, otherwise standard early termination fees apply. Bear in mind that you will be entitled to automatic compensation from the third working day after reporting the fault until it is fixed.