cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My5

I have 3 black Now TV boxes all linked up to different branded tv's and am finding that only when watching anything on My5 the sound quality is very poor. It has been so bad that I've has to leave a show unfinished because it's unwatchable. It is only during the actual show the sound is "fuzzy", adverts are perfectly clear. As I say I'm not having the issue when using other apps and the fact that it's the same issue on the same app in different tv's makes me think it's an app issue. Has anyone any ideas how to fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been having the same problem since the app changed. Really tinny sound. The quality is awful and only during programs not adverts. Would love to know what is causing it!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's also frustrating as the My5 app has no technical option in the settings area so I have no idea how to fix it. It is impossible to watch anything at the minute in this app.

Alk2
Scholar

Thank you for posting about this as I am also experiencing this problem and you have saved me the trouble of troubleshooting!
As a new user, I do not know what it was like before. Mine starts off fine...the quality of the picture and sound is "HD" until the first advert. The advert plays in "HD" picture and sound quality and then after the advert the program itself starts off with extremely poor sound quality (what I would class as very poor sound "bitrate") which gradually improves but never gets back to the "HD" sound quality which it had at the very start of the program. The picture quality always remains at HD.

I don't have this problem with my Youview box - which is running the old version of the My5 app by the looks of things.

My5 is not the only app with sound issues - I also get random squeals from the ITV app. Again, I never got this from the Youview box.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Alk2  @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hi Guys

Have any of you tried contacting My5 directly? Coz' you do know that each TV company is responsible for the maintenance of their own apps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice Bob. As someone has said the issue is only when watching My5 through Now TV so it seemed to make sense to ask here. 

Alk2
Scholar

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but this issue seems to have now been resolved for me with My5. I've watched programs which were previously an issue and they aren't anymore. I've watched other programs also and they are fine too. 

Furthermore, the occasional "squeals" from the ITV app only occur when watching the Tonight program, so it appears to be isolated to this one program.

I'm pleased all round. 😀