cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now Stick won't connect to my wifi since changing the password

How do I reconnect my Now TV Stick?  I changed my wifi password and have lost my remote, I am using an app remote - please can anyone help? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

In these circumstances, you can’t get back to the Stick from the App - you need the physical remote.

What might work is changing the password back to what it was before, on the router, which should let the Stick connect. Then also change the password back on whatever device the App is on, so it can connect also. With the two devices now connected, change the password on the Stick to the new value. This may lose the Stick immediately, but no matter.

Now restore the new password on the router, and on the device with the App on it. The Stick should reconnect, and the App should be able to control it.

I think....

How did you lose the remote? Have you had the cushions out on the sofa? It might, certainly for the future, be best to have a hard think about where the remote might be, and look for there.

Failing that, the best and cheapest way to get a new remote is to buy a new Stick, as the only replacement remote on Amazon that has the new smart functionality actually costs more than a new Stick, especially one that comes with a pass or passes on it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.