cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple passes

Hi,

Find it frustrating that I can't buy 5 months of movies to get the max of £25 cashback via Amex before 16/1/19.

Not asking for a special offer , can't give Nowtv my money. Live chat could not help! So inflexible.

Any advice?

SS

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can get a few NowTV 2-month Movie Passes from Curry’s at £15.00 each.

That gives you 90% of the savings that that maximum Amex cashback would give you, instantly and without having to wait for the cashback, and it isn’t a time-limited offer.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Roy

That counts as buying from Currys and not Nowtv so won't work sadly.

Thanks
SS
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I didn’t mean that.

You, or any NowTV user, can just walk into Curry’s and pay £15 for a voucher to watch Sky Movies for two months.

So for 5 months (though you would have to buy 3 2-month vouchers), that works out at

2.5 * £15 = £37.50

The deal you could  get with maximum cashback is 5 * £11.99 = £59.95 - £25 = £34.95

Just £2.55 cheaper, or £0.51 per month.

Except you can’t get the maximum cashback, you said.

So if you can’t beat £7.50 a month, with the cashback you can get, for however long you are eligible for, then the bog-standard Curry’s deal wins straight off, so go for that and forget trying to get (a smaller amount of) cashback which you will probably have to wait for, and quite possibly fight for.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Roy

I get that, but my point is it is frustrating not being able to buy 6
months of cinema in one go. I tried via live chat,no dice.

The Amex promo is flawed due to this.

Thanks again

SS
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

I never asked what the actual problem was - why couldn’t you buy six months? And was that  a NowTV limitation, or an AMEX one?

All I can now see of this deal, searching Google for ‘amex nowtv promotion’, is :-

50% off all Now TV Purchases Made With American Express (Max Cashback: £25) - hotukdeals

10 hours ago · Just activate the offer in your Amex account. Offer only available online direct at nowtv.com. Offer only applies to spend in Great British Pound (GBP) on the Card to which the offer is saved, including an American Express Card loaded into a mobile payment wallet.

as, clicking through the link, the offer has now gone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Roy

A Now TV limitation apparently.

I saved the offer but struggle to make the most of it 

Shame.

SS