cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple charges for the same thing!!

Has anyone else had problems being charged multiple times a month for the same thing? I’m also being charged 9.99 and 5.99 a month for BOOST that I’ve never subscribed to! It’s ridiculous, I’ve started chats, to be told that no I’m not being overcharged. When I have emailed proof no one has replied. I’ve raised this issue 3 times and I don’t know how anyone can deny I am actually paying for and can’t cancel subscriptions. They keep saying I don’t have boost on my account but I’m paying twice a month for it!! Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can through to these absolute morons??!!!

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for providing all that information it was very useful. I have to now (no pun intended!) have to eat humble pie as I found a second account using the link provided, on an email address I haven’t used for years 🤦🏼‍♀️ So I feel rather silly now! I’ve spoken to 2 separate people on live chat though (not the bot) and it was never suggested to look for a second account or to provide a means to do this. Maybe that could be included as a standard step of the conversation, as I know from working in call centre resolving technical broadband issues that there will be a template conversation to follow in discovering and resolving issues. I do appreciate that they will probably face hundreds of problems and stroppy customers (the reason I vented on here and not to someone specifically) but my experience has not been good at all. Being told point blank that I am not paying for something that I can clearly see I have paid for instead of helping me get to the root of why, and then when I have provided the proof via email receiving no reply. It’s very frustrating having worked in customer service to receive a really shoddy service in return! It’s even more frustrating when I see how easily it could have been resolved and how much money I have lost because of that simple account finder link that wasn’t provided in any of the conversations I have had. I don’t cry over spilt milk but I definitely cry over lost pounds!! 😭
I completely agree with you, free trials should be just that but then what is in the customer’s best interest isn’t always in the company’s best interest! Think of all the money they would lose! Even something simple like providing a reminder before the free trial ends would help, and an option to continue or cancel the subscription each month. But hey what do I know!
Anyway thank you all for your help, I’m glad my problem is resolved because of the info you all provided. Gold stars for you 🌟🌟
Thank you!! 😁
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Glad to hear that you got it resolved! 

Hope you had asked for that other account to be closed? So you wouldn't to worry about it going forward. 

The thing is, the customer service contact information is there as I provided. However annoyingly it is very well hidden and almost in plain sight. From my understanding its like they want us to do all types of investigation before hitting the buttons to speak with members of staff.

Thankfully and touch wood I have never been in the position you are with unfortunately having another account. 
That being said, all free trials I have come across on all services are a free trial and we will charge you unless cancelled. It would be nice to be automatic cancellation unless you want to stay with said product, then you never have to worry about having to cancel the service if all you were interested in was the free trial. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

I’m not against Now letting a free trial of something you committed to by specifically asking, be it Entertainment, Cinema, Sport or what have you, turn into an ongoing subscription if you don’t cancel.

It’s things like an add-on trial of Boost, where it’s easy to miss that this too will turn into a subscription if you don’t cancel, or even of one or more extra memberships, where these should either not be ongoing, or else each should have its own specific confirmation page, to be accepted before any free trials of anything start, so that both the member and Now are clear on the arrangement, and no-one can accuse Now of slipping something under the radar.

It would also be a good thing if Now could carry out the duplicate membership check, based on credit/debit card number, and warn anyone taking out a second instance of a given membership on the same card that this was a duplication, and did they mean it?

As I suppose there might be cases where someone would do this, though I can’t think why…

It wouldn’t be foolproof of course - somebody might use a different card. But then the existing Now check wouldn’t catch this either.

Though hopefully Now can now backtrack from the payment reference on a CPA to identify the account it is coming from, so that, when a customer reports duplicate payments they can’t identify the account(s) for, Now can find these for them?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

You said:

From my understanding its like they (Now) want us (customers)  to do all types of investigation before hitting the buttons to speak with members of staff.

Now do indeed, but it’s usually a fond hope, and it usually results in we customers doing volunteer support either having to do that for them, or getting dinged for supplying the link straight off.

Though maybe Now have statistics for what percentage of people going to the Help needing the Live Chat option find the link unaided, and the percentage is much higher than I think? 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.