cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple charges for the same thing!!

Has anyone else had problems being charged multiple times a month for the same thing? I’m also being charged 9.99 and 5.99 a month for BOOST that I’ve never subscribed to! It’s ridiculous, I’ve started chats, to be told that no I’m not being overcharged. When I have emailed proof no one has replied. I’ve raised this issue 3 times and I don’t know how anyone can deny I am actually paying for and can’t cancel subscriptions. They keep saying I don’t have boost on my account but I’m paying twice a month for it!! Does anyone have any suggestions to how I can through to these absolute morons??!!!

13 REPLIES 13
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

£5.99 is NOT boost. The price for boost is £5. 

Did you previously have a sports mobile membership? As this would explain the £5.99.

Do a search on the fourm and you will find methods to get in touch with staff.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, I have never had any sports related subscriptions. I stand corrected, I am being charged £5, but also £9.99. It’s semantics because regardless of the amount I have never subscribed to Boost. Despite raising the issue operators still say I am not subscribed. Judge the evidence for yourself.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Most offers include a week free of boost. Which is then £5 unless cancelled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I was offered boost at half price when I first signed up but I didn’t need it because my tv is so crap lol. That still doesn’t explain the recurring 9.99 payments with the boost description. And also that when I query it with the wonderful chat bot thingy I am told I don’t have boost on my account. I provide proof by the email address they send out and then I hear nothing further. I mean jeez don’t you think I would’ve cancelled it if I could?? I feel like I’m in an alternate reality here! I feel slightly patronised right now. To be honest there has been no solution to this problem, I’m not talking about just the boost payments, I am also charged multiple times for other subscriptions, but told I only have one account. I am going to be taking it to an Ombudsman because there has been zero resolution and they’ve been getting away with it for far too long
redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, then chances are you had a free Boost offer for a month and didn't cancel it before it expired. So you will have been charged at full price. Check your memberships in My Account, you can cancel at any time subject to the monthly expiry date.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Feel for you I do. To be clear boost only costs £5, less if you cancel and get given a discounted offer.
As for the £9.99 this would either be entertainment or cinema. 

Boost doesn’t just give you 1080p. It also gives you advert free on demand content, along with 5.1 sound and 3 streams instead of 1.

Try this link to see if you have another duplicate account with the same payment details. 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

With you saying bot, it seems like you’re clicking “get help quicker” which is the bot. To speak with staff you need to click “chat online” within the green box.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

If I were you I’d put a payment PIN on your account so nothing new can come off your current account without your permission.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

If you rather, you can send an email to support. Address is in the below picture.

9EC7BB4B-D35D-4703-950E-60266A8D5C3C.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the links, I’ll go through them and see what’s actually happening. Were you able to view the attached statement before from payments made from my bank with duplicated Boost payments for 2 different amounts?
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not sure if you have mistaken me for a member of staff with that question? 
As I am just a customer like you trying to help out where possible. 

Hope you get it resolved in the end bud 😀

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The Nowbot isn’t the way to find what memberships you have on your account.

Instead, on here, go to My Account/Manage Account/Your Membership/Now Membership and see what memberships are listed there, and what you are actually paying them.

Also, as @gavs82008 describes, when you visit

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

you may find you have one or more accounts open, which is the only way you can be paying twice for a given membership in the same month.

We didn’t see any extract from a bank statement posted here by the way; and if you want to post something, be careful what you reveal, as this is a public Community.

But if push comes to shove, and Live Chat 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

can’t help you, even if you give them the references on the payments to Now to follow up, then you can ask your bank to block the CPAs (Continuous Payment Authorities) via which Now are taking these payments from your debit card(s).

Dont let the bank tell you they can’t or won’t do this; they can, and they must, at your request.

But do tell Live Chat if you do this, as technically, you are breaking your side of an agreement you have made with Now, and they can seek redress from you for this.

As regards Now supplying and charging for memberships you haven’t agreed to, you will likely find that you have agreed to them, in the small print, even though you haven’t actually asked for them.

Now make it very easy to buy memberships - perhaps too easy - and perhaps ought to make it much clearer when you are committing to an add-on. So when they throw in a week’s trial of Boost, or extra memberships, they should be just that - a week’s trial - and Now having to ask you, by email perhaps, if you want to continue or not.

I’d like to see a UK law that nothing should be harder to cancel than it is to sign up to, which would make more than a few UK companies have to revise their practices, not just Now 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.