cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Mediabug report

Mediabug is a twice-yearly report looking at the habits and trend of media consumers in the UK.

The latest report is out now (if you have a spare £3,500, that is).  A summary of some of the findings can be found here.

There's a section on Now TV.  It looks like about 5% of the UK online population use Now TV, with the Now TV box in 3% of homes.

There's very little crossover between Now TV and Sky homes, so it looks like Now TV is a beneficial extra for Sky - reaching customers they wouldn't otherwise get.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

5% of the UK population... That's pretty good going Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Going by the population being 65million that would mean there there are 3.25million customers on now TV. Pretty impressive considering the age of the service and the fact that it is still maturing. I wonder where now tv will be this time in 5 years 

BicBasher
Elite

Going by the data provided, it shows Sky is more confident about NOW TV not clashing with their existing products, which should allow NOW TV to mature as seen by providing 720p HD live streams for Sky Sports to most devices.

Marketing NOW TV as a non-Sky branded product has certainly helped.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I think that you have misread, it says 5% of online population. Which is considerably lower than the UK population. But still shows it is relatively popular. I wonder how many people use it as an add on to Virgin or Sky?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.