cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Max number of user

Is any one else having problems with max users apparently I have two many people watching when I know that I do not this is becoming extremely frustrating any help out there 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too.

I've always been able to have 2 concurrent users. Now I'm getting the 'Max number of users' message and a quick search online says only 1 user can watch at a time unless you're either with BT or you have Now TV Boost

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just started a free trial of Boost as i was getting the same message and still cant watch sports on my main tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this :-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes 

@Anonymous User if you have started the 7 day Boost Trial online, then it may take 4 hours to trigger, should you sign out and back in on your device the Boost Membership should start straight away.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m with BT but I can only have one device streaming at any time. This was working on 2 devices up until this weekend. Very frustrating and if not sorted I must consider cancelling 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are a BT TV customer then to get two streams at the same time you will need to follow the start up sequence on this BT Guide under "Streaming and Devices ".

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/now-tv-on-bt-tv/get-started-with-now-tv 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To amplify what @schnapps says, ‘with BT’ for the purpose of getting two simultaneous streams means that you must be subscribed to BT TV, and to Now through BT TV.

Are you?

I am ‘with BT’ in that BT is my ISP; but I don’t subscribe to BT TV, and I certainly don’t subscribe to Now that way, preferring the flexibility of the constant automatic Retention discounts that Now ply me with every time I start the Cancel process 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.