cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MY LG TV

Well finally got my new LG TV and very nice it is too, but how do I access Freesat broadcasts?  The satellite cable is connected and the channels were recognised and tuned at set up, but all I can get is Freeview.  The manuals are next to uselessSmiley Surprised  Cheers @Anonymous User

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Yeah I read that too.  I bought the 49UH770 as it's "super UHD" & has Dolby Vision, though u  need Netflix I think for that,  Mine is only 49" so to be honest, I don't think 4K would look any better thAn 1080p.  NOW TV looks ok, the sound really lets it down though.  tHE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AWful.

Yes, if u have a movie trial you should be able to get 14 days ent pass.  It'll be an option if u go to My Account > My Passes.  To be honest, I find it much better value than the movies package, which I don't bother with as there's no 5.1Smiley Surprised

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital yes it does seem to make a difference lol

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I seem to be a bit late to this party. Sorry about that Smiley Sad I'm a tennis fanatic, so I've been watching the tennis. TV transmission type is usually dealt with during initial setup. Or at least it was on my TV, you could choose between terrestrial or satellite.

Britain's wheelchair tennis players Hewitt and Reid won the wheelchair tennis doubles Smiley Very Happy they beat the number one seeds.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have to say I thoroughly recommend LG TVs to anyone looking.  NOW TV app is great.  You just don't get any instructions! I tried a Samsung & a Panasonic and this wipes the floor with themSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User which model ahve u bought?  I heard they're using dogy RGBW panels which arfen't true 4K.  I'm lookin for a new TV as my old Samsung is gettin a bit long in the tooth.  Also, I have a movie trial which is cool, can I have an ent one too?  Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Yeah I read that too.  I bought the 49UH770 as it's "super UHD" & has Dolby Vision, though u  need Netflix I think for that,  Mine is only 49" so to be honest, I don't think 4K would look any better thAn 1080p.  NOW TV looks ok, the sound really lets it down though.  tHE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AWful.

Yes, if u have a movie trial you should be able to get 14 days ent pass.  It'll be an option if u go to My Account > My Passes.  To be honest, I find it much better value than the movies package, which I don't bother with as there's no 5.1Smiley Surprised

Hope this helps

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Have to say I thoroughly recommend LG TVs to anyone looking.  NOW TV app is great.  You just don't get any instructions! I tried a Samsung & a Panasonic and this wipes the floor with themSmiley Happy

Thanks for the recommendation @Anonymous User.

I'm on the hunt for a 65" telly and was really hoping that the OLED B6's were going more affordable. But at £4300.00 they arn't. And when it comes to LED televisions, the (back lit) Panasonic DX902B is truly excellent at £3000.00 but even with my (potential) Viera VIP Club discount it's more that I'm willing to fork out. So the (edge lit) LG 65UH770V is looking pretty attractive 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well @SeeMoreDigital it's driven me to drink today with crappy instructions, but it wipes the fllor with the Samsung & Panasonic I had and sent back.  I'm really pleased with itSmiley Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

I'm really pleased for you Smiley Very Happy

Have you tried sending (casting) any video files to it from a Windows 10 computer yet? I view all my work encodes on my current 60" '2K' LG television by casting them from my laptop...

One really useful feature that the LG's have over all the Panasonic's (apart from the NOW TV app ofcourse) is they support native playback of (.m2ts or .mkv) files that contain DTS audio. Oh... and if the TV is hooked up to the internet using a 'wired' ethernet connection, the TV can be configured to offer a WiFi 'hotspot'...