cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MY LG TV

Well finally got my new LG TV and very nice it is too, but how do I access Freesat broadcasts?  The satellite cable is connected and the channels were recognised and tuned at set up, but all I can get is Freeview.  The manuals are next to uselessSmiley Surprised  Cheers @Anonymous User

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Yeah I read that too.  I bought the 49UH770 as it's "super UHD" & has Dolby Vision, though u  need Netflix I think for that,  Mine is only 49" so to be honest, I don't think 4K would look any better thAn 1080p.  NOW TV looks ok, the sound really lets it down though.  tHE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AWful.

Yes, if u have a movie trial you should be able to get 14 days ent pass.  It'll be an option if u go to My Account > My Passes.  To be honest, I find it much better value than the movies package, which I don't bother with as there's no 5.1Smiley Surprised

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Okay then...

Did your TV come with a 'smart/magic' remote (with voice recognition). If so, what happens if you say "Freesat tuner" or "Satelitte tuner" ....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital @schnapps  I've sussed it!  At the top of the guide there's a little icon called Program Manager which allows you to select aerial or satellite!  As for voice recognition, god knows how that worksSmiley Surprised

Thanks for all your suggestions!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Nice one...

So it's still actually in the 'Program' mode area...

Out of interest. Does the TV also offer an 'Other Satellite' mode?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital you have to enter the main Guide on the remote, then sort and filters which is the first icon next to the Freeview or Freesat logo at the top right of the screen.  The options are Antenna, Cable or Satellite under the Program Mode column.  It gives you the opions to create program groups and the usual edit/delete stuff.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks...

This maybe my last question... What's the model number of your remote controls?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital looks like MR600? it's got a Freespace logo on the back.  The TV's a 49UH770V if that's any help.  Got voice recognition sussed.  

These are the worst instructions I've (not) had in a while.  My last LG TV 2009, had a really detailed manual available for download and that was only a non smart LCD!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thanks...

Yep, it looks like the MR600. I see it has the 'input' button above the 'green' and 'yellow' buttons. Does it offer different 'short' and 'long' press functionality?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital  yes it does.  I'm sure it does loads more than I know about lol, maybe there's a youtube vid?  Manufacturers must expect customers to be psychic, or it justifies stores being able charge extortionate amounts to set up equipmentSmiley Surprised

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Lol...

It's not like the good old days when us 'real men' never read the instruction manuals that came with any device Smiley Very Happy

Personally I suggest you keep short and long pressing all the buttons until either the TV or your head explodes Smiley Surprised