cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

MY LG TV

Well finally got my new LG TV and very nice it is too, but how do I access Freesat broadcasts?  The satellite cable is connected and the channels were recognised and tuned at set up, but all I can get is Freeview.  The manuals are next to uselessSmiley Surprised  Cheers @Anonymous User

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  Yeah I read that too.  I bought the 49UH770 as it's "super UHD" & has Dolby Vision, though u  need Netflix I think for that,  Mine is only 49" so to be honest, I don't think 4K would look any better thAn 1080p.  NOW TV looks ok, the sound really lets it down though.  tHE INSTRUCTIONS ARE AWful.

Yes, if u have a movie trial you should be able to get 14 days ent pass.  It'll be an option if u go to My Account > My Passes.  To be honest, I find it much better value than the movies package, which I don't bother with as there's no 5.1Smiley Surprised

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

No doubt that @commanda6 will be able to tell you 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993  I hope so, I've been sat here pressing buttons all morning and it's driving me madSmiley Surprised

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Or @SeeMoreDigital who are both the go to forum members relating to LG smart TV's. Smiley Very Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
I was just about to tag SMD 😄
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Well finally got my new LG TV and very nice it is too, but how do I access Freesat broadcasts?  

Hi @Anonymous User,

I was actually hoping that this was something you could have confimed to me Smiley Surprised

In the old days when LG offered Freesat, the remote control offered a dedicated button (on the top right), that scrolled through the TV tuner options. My current remote still has this button but it does not give me access to the satellite tuner, only Freeview and Radio.

So what I have to do, on my 'non webOS' telly is, press the 'Input' button, followed by the 'Blue' button (which accesses the Program mode). And when you're in the 'Program mode' area, the 'Satellite' mode should be visible.... What a ball ache!

I have no idea if this procedure will be the same for you webOS guys though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Anything mentioned in the manual that came with the TV or have you tried downloading the electronic copy from LG UK support website ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  I've read what came with it which was so basic it didn't even show inputs/outputs lol, been on website and it's the same manual!, tried the built in TV help, but can't find any reference to it!  I started to doubt it had Freesat, but it says so on the spec and there's a satellite connection.

Maybe I'm in thick mode todaySmiley Surprised

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Thought that would be the case with regards to the operation instructions.

Never owned a LG TV, but you would think the logical way to access the Satellite receiver on the TV would be to press the source input button on the RC from TV, Satellite, HDMI 1 etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital  I don't seem to have any input options other than to select HDMI/USB then it's either Live TV which defaults to Freeview lol

I think I'm gonna try John Lewis technical help, that should be a laughSmiley Very Happy