cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

LoveFilm by Post to end

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/141891-amazon-s-lovefilm-dvd-and-blu-ray-postal-rental-service-to-en...

It is such a shame that it is going. 😞

I may have had a few bad discs but I will miss it.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Yeah, i heard about the news this morning Smiley Sad

I am personally gutted, been using the Lovefilm Blu-ray Postal Rental service ever since Blockbuster went bust Smiley Sad

Don't know what i am going to do after October for watching the latest Blu-rays on my Projector for Movie Nights.

Always preferred the rental route rather then buying the Blu-ray outright, due to that most movies i only tend to watch once.

Suppose, i will have to keep my fingers crossed that Netflix and Amazon Prime get the rights to the movies that i want to watch (sorry NowTV).

Where NowTV is out of the question as it stands at the moment in my Cinema Room due to it's 720p PQ and lack of 5.1 surround sound Smiley Mad

Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @caseyb1993  @schnapps

Most folks on Twitter seem to be moving to Cinema Paradisco so may be worth checking them out? I don't know anything about them so not a plug or anything Smiley Happy

Lindzi
Elite 2

@caseyb1993  @schnapps

I even got the name wrong!!

Cinema Paradiso

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Lindzi I saw the tweets as well. 🙂

https://www.cinemaparadiso.co.uk
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindzi

Yeah, i looked at Cinema Paradiso previously, where i heard they offer a good selection of the latest blockbuster movies but for me their service is more expensive (£8 extra a month) compared to my existing unlimited 3 Blu-rays at a time with Lovefilm.

Money is tight at the moment (looking to save money where i can), but i might have to bite the bullet if Netflix and Amazon don't have the films on their streaming service that i want to watch.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@schnapps

Oh that's quite a lot more in cost isn't it. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime (free trial) and I have to be honest Netflix is not that great for films, I think Amazon Prime Video is much better. They do offer the new films to rent if you do not want to wait to watch them but I think new films are over £4 per film to stream and then with the £5.99 monthly cost for just Prime Video it soon adds up Smiley Frustrated

If you have a list of films that you want to watch, try Can I stream It as it will tell you what service has those films - hopefully you can wangle it so you do one month on each service?

Cinema Paradiso must think all their Christmas' have come at once today!!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 @schnapps @Lindzi

Ah that is a shame, I've been a Lovefilm customer in the past and enjoyed the service even tho I did suspect my postman of peeking in one or two of the packages. Even better were the real-life video rental stores on the high street, not so much Blockbusters who were expensive and strict, but all the little corner shop ones. We had a great one on my high street where, even after the stricter classification laws came in, they'd happily rent out any video to anybody who looked vaguely somewhere near to 18 meaning me and my mates could rent out loads of horror films on VHS. Happy days!

RIP 'hold it in your hand none of this in the cloud nonsense' VHS/DVD/Bluray rental services!

image.jpeg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

PS @Lindzi I prefer Cinema Paradisco sounds much more fun, maybe we could set up a company called that and just swap around all our discs! Anyone got a Candyman for a Friday the 13th?!? 😄

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Off subject.

I have sent you a few PM's did you get them ?

Showing up not read yet my end (some are from a few days ago).

Cheers