cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost Remote

Is there any chance to operate now tv box on the Panasonic tv without the remote control? 

The now tv box in not connected to WiFi because of the same problem 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've lost the remote for the NOW TV box you could use the official Roku remote app for mobiles/tablets but this needs the box to be connected to the same wifi network as your phone/tablet so won't help you in this case. You would need a remote or an euivalent remote eg some models of Roku boxes.

Is there any particular reason the box isn't connected to the wifi network?

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can someone please tell me if there is an app available on Android for a remote? I've lost the remote for my box. Please help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With your Android mobile device go to the Apps Play Store and search for the Roku Remote Controller App that you can download for free.

One word of caution if you have lost the orginal NowTV remote don't factory reset your NowTV box or Stick otherwise the Roku Remote App won't be able to communicate and will not function.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps thanks so much. Was able to sort it out but I'll need to get a Replacement remote... probably in bulk since the little ones are amazing in sneaking off with it and hiding it in no man's land Smiley Mad Woman Sad 

Any suggestions?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Accessories Shop link here.

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

The £4 smart remote should work with the white, black, or Freeview smart box.

If you have the NowTV stick or 4K smart box then you need the £8 remote.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not connected to the same WiFi with my stick and I’ve lost my remote so how can I change my WiFi without a remote 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you changed ISP or using a different Router when attempting to use the NowTV Stick without the physical NowTV smart remote ?

If you have swapped ISP's have you still got the old Router that you was using with the NowTV Stick and the NowTV / Roku Remote App off your smartphone or tablet when using the Stick ?  

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Ellie

Easiest thing to do is buy a replacement Now TV remote control from Amazon, they've got loads to choose from.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=now+tv+remote&crid=2GPF68X3T3I5P&sprefix=Now+TV+%2Caps%2C207&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-a-p_4_7

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also worth checking on this list in case you already have something else you could connect to your TV instead, eg games console, Chromecast etc.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you know the router'sn old SSID (wireless name) and password? If so, change the SSID and password on your new router so i is the same.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have lost my box remote can I buy i new one for it