cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Loss of wifi connection

Does any one else suffer from their box losing wifi connection just as you settle down to watch a programme?

I used to blame the wife, but it happened last time I booked a Sports day pass.

I have to re-boot hub, router and now box. Plus have to re-enter the hub passward . It then works fine until we want to watch another programme.

Is the box just c**p or am I missing something?

Any suggestions please...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Could be a few causes but probably due to poor wifi connection. Make sure he box is in an open space, not tucked behind or under the TV, or on a crowded shelf. Sometimes moving the box from one side of the TV to another may help. Also if you have the black NOW TV box and it is in the same room as your router, connecting via an Ethernet cable would help. It's also possible that changing the wifi channel on the router may help (if it's set on auto then rebooting the router should make it select the current best choice).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Could be a few causes but probably due to poor wifi connection. Make sure he box is in an open space, not tucked behind or under the TV, or on a crowded shelf. Sometimes moving the box from one side of the TV to another may help. Also if you have the black NOW TV box and it is in the same room as your router, connecting via an Ethernet cable would help. It's also possible that changing the wifi channel on the router may help (if it's set on auto then rebooting the router should make it select the current best choice).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have had a problem with our wifi connection and our Fire stick connection to the network. It was working fine when we first transferred to NOW but after two weeks it started having problems with the WIFI not accessing the internet. we called customer services and they told us to buy a WIFI booster, which I did not appreciate and so they transferred me to the Tech team. they said they would send us a now router which when it arrived we still had the same problem so another call to then resulted in us changing the network key which got everything up and going again for about and hour and now we are back to square one, so I have come up wiuth a solution, I am transferring back to PLUSNET who have given us great customer services in the past and it should resolve all the problems

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same has happened to me tonight. Tried all the usual fixes but still getting orange face. I work nights so this is my day and I have no internet and not customer service till the morning. It's a joke as this is the second night in a row
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I was just wondering if you managed to get this issue resolved ?

If you could let us know.

Thanks

Andy

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User it may be worth checking what WiFi channel you are using and how busy it is. If lots of neighbours are using same channel it can get clogged.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Right okay. It's connected by Ethernet cable. How would I check this as I'm pretty dum when it comes to things like this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try logging into the router admin interface (the details are probably on a sticker on the router itself) and changing the frequency.