cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herojan
Expert

Live Chat

I do not need Live Chat right now, this is just a general question.

Why is it so difficult to get to Live Chat on this website.

why not place a link at the top of every forum page.

when you go to 'Contact Us' it points you to a load of articles and then says 'if you did not find what you want then click on "contact us"' and if you do it takes you around in a circle with no  link to live chat.

If NowTV want to use this website as the main point of support then they need to do something about it.

It is  great that there are members here that help people who are stuck and provide a link to Live Chat, but in my opinion they should not have to. It should be NowTVs job to actually provide the support for a service that people are paying for.

I posted this in this forum as it didn't seen to fit anywhere else.

• Roku Streaming Stick+ | S/W 8.1.0 | Now TV app v3.12.132 | Wifi (DHCP)
• Internet - Plusnet Fibre @ 36M

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@herojan

The idea behind it is that most of the problems people come to the help forum with are already answered in one of the help articles. NOW TV 'hide' the live chat link behind the help articles to encourage users to search the help articles first in the hope that they will find the answer to their question themselves and so then not need to carry onto emailing the team or using live chat, thus reducing the strain and waiting times for those services.

If you've ever tried to get to the live chat/email links on Amazon you'll see they are experts at that strategy.

I understand it's a good idea in principle. My bugbear is that NOW TV haven't cracked how to make the 'how to contact us' page at the bottom of the website not interfere with/get in the way of the searching for help process.

Clicking on the 'how to contact us' page at the bottom informs the user 

image.jpeg

which is meant to get users to click the green contact us button at the end of each help article

image.jpeg

but there's also the contact us link in the footer of the webpage

image.jpeg

and if they click that it takes them back to the 'how to contact us' page they started on.

So I think NOW TV still need to do a bit of work to make the journey work smoothly.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

I understand it's a good idea in principle. My bugbear is that NOW TV haven't cracked how to make the 'how to contact us' page at the bottom of the website not interfere with/get in the way of the searching for help process.

Clicking on the 'how to contact us' page at the bottom informs the user 

image.jpeg

which is meant to get users to click the green contact us button at the end of each help article

Hi Andy,

Perhaps if 'Step 3' was re-worded to say: "..., select Contact Us at the bottom of the Help Centre article page, ...." it might be more obvious to some people 😉

Sometimes you have to re-state the obvious because yes, the 'Contact Us' button (which leads to the 'Live Chat' button) can be found at the bottom of all the Help Centre articles. And it works!

Cheers

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital

Yeah, although because you get the contact us link in the footer of every help page article, it's clicking contact us at the bottom of the help centre article that causes people to go round and round in a loop! Instead they need to "ignore the contact us link at the bottom of the help centre article and click the green contact us button a bit further up" instead! 😄 So in that respect I can understand why the odd handful of people get frustrated.

I suppose they could keep the link in the footer as 'How to Contact Us' like it is on the help forum, or even change the green button to 'get in touch', 'live chat, email and phone' or some other title, or change the. How to contact us' link to 'how to get in touch' etc etc 

In the grand scheme of things though, I would imagine most people have no trouble finding it and we never hear from them as a result, and the odd one or two people who get stuck and end up posting on the forum get helped directly 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Agreed...

So 'Step 3' should be re-worded to say: "..., select the green Contact Us at the bottom of the Help Centre article page, ...."

@Andy wrote:

In the grand scheme of things though, I would imagine most people have no trouble finding it and we never hear from them as a result, and the odd one or two people who get stuck and end up posting on the forum get helped directly 🙂

I suspect you're right.

The people who have trouble finding 'live chat' are probably the same type of people who offer no detailed information about their issues... "Help. Now TV don't work. This service is crap!"

Legend 5
Legend 5

You do have to wonder what people search for these days to keep going round in a loop.  I tried clicking the contact us link, then followed the instructions to get to help.  If I type in a word into search it comes up with a list of articles.  Even typing "it won't work" brings up a list.  Then obviously you can read the article and finally click chat.   I suspect folk who can't find it don't follow the instructions properly.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
herojan
Expert

OK I can see the reasoning behind this approach, and your suggestions on rephrasing to clarify is a good one.

No need to belittle the customers though. For example last year I had an issue with a payment so I knew I had to talk to somebody in live chat, it would have been useful to have a direct link. Try searching for 'wrong payment taken' you don't get a whole load of applicable results.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@herojan  it precisely because folk have trouble finding chat that I have a link to it in my signature.  Amazing though how many people fail to see it!

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
herojan
Expert

@4268 good idea, should be added to the sigs of the now tv employees in the forums

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had enough.com every weekend I have to do a factory reset and uninstall itv hub be then reinstall to watch xfactor...: now tv sort it orsend me new box..:. Not acceptable nor re the un helplinessort it yeah