cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leaving

How do I delete my whole account I want my details gone as passes keep getting added without me doing it I’m sick you now tv stealing my money

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are useless, totally incompetent!!!

its been a week today that they messed up my account, since then have duplicate charged me for passes that I’ve not received.

live chat is hopeless, they ask imthe same questions without listening or understanding the problem. They can’t track or trace all the money I’ve paid them over the past 2years. They litmteralky do not care at all, as long as they keep taking your money from you, that’s all they care about. Pathetic! You have to request your bank to cancel payments as theses cowboys will just keep taking your money without a care. Still no response from them. 

Legend 5
Legend 5

You may find this form helpful https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/ it will help you identify if there is a second account linked to your card. This can then be cancelled. Don't forget that when you cancel, you need to confirm the cancellation until it tells you it is cancelled. (It can be a tad annoying the number of confirmations, but you would expect at least one- in case of people accidentally clicking cancel).
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
RoyB
Legend

You follow NowTV’s clearly laid down procedures on Privacy and Data Protection that you can find from any page on the NowTV site, here.

The relevant section is:-

Keeping your data up to date and your rights

You can contact us via Manage Account for Sky, My Account for NOW TV, or on 03442 414 141 (in the UK) or 0818 719 819 (in ROI) to update, amend, correct your information. You also have the following rights:

• to request access to, or erasure of, the personal data we hold about you
  • to request us to restrict the processing of the personal data we hold about you
  • to object to us processing personal data relating to you
  • where you have given us consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
  • you have the right to obtain certain personal data from us in a format that can be transferred electronically to a third party (also called “data portability”).

Please note that some of these rights are not absolute. In some cases, we may refuse a request to exercise particular rights if complying with it meant that we are no longer able to meet our contractual obligation to provide you with particular products and services. However, we will keep you informed as to the actions that we can take when you make your request.

================

You then ring the quoted telephone number, where someone (make sure you get their name)  will have no idea what you are talking about, and will try to fob you off onto some other number (ditto) where you will again not get a result.

Or possibly NowTV have improved things since the last person tried this and failed.

But if not, you then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office as here, who will investigate cases of non-compliance with GDPR, and have the power to enforce compliance, imposing very large fines where merited.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, will do as you suggested.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The above telephone numbers are both for Sky. There are NO CONTACT NUMBERS for NOW TV.

I have spent over 3wks, between messages & live chat, attempting to get them to property activate a 3mth discountedEntertainment pass, with no success. If you wait too long on chat for a further response you get timed out.

I am Unable to cancel the pass as it does not show under My Passes, although the first discounted payment and upcoming one do.

I asked yesterday for my account to be cancelled and all my details removed from their system, but today the account is still active. The only way I can see now to prevent them taking further payment, is to change my details with false card information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has to be the most dire experience I've ever had to endure.

After 50 days of drama I cant take it anymore and cancelled the order.

In order for me to have an install openreach require access to a pole on private land..  quite simple you would think but oh no.

Now tv claim that openreach wont divulge the location of the pole and it's my responsibility to find it and seek out the land owners permission to install the line.

I have never heard anything like it in my life.  I believe that the case had racked up so much compensation through delays and engineers failing to show up that it was cheaper to sack the job off.

I estimated that after compensation was credited I would have broadband and line rental free for over a year....we know they are not going to allow that to happen.

What gets my goat is that Now TV don't seem bothered that they lose customers this way and deny people the right to access a phone and internet services 

This issue alone has cost the 3 new customers and the potential for more in the area.

So I don't blame anyone for leaving

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had the exact same problem with a discounted Sports pass. Complaining is pointless as they just ignore their own code of practice. I’ve forwarded my complaint on to their compliance officer too. That’s also been ignored. Never happens with fully priced passes. Funny that.

My advice? Watch Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

RoyB
Legend

Anybody ringing that number about Passes, do please let us know if you are successful, or if you get knocked back because it’s broadband issues only....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.