cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 will no longer be accepted - WHY?

Yesterday I received a message on my LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 not be allowed/work  - WHY?

Is there another way to continue using Now.tv on this LG Tv?

Surely I don't need another non LG tv just to continue watching it?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Akicks

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 will no longer be accepted - WHY?

Hi @Akicks 

Looks like it's relating to LG televisions using the older NetCast OS Smart Platform, where the NowTV App will not be available from the 24th of August from what i have read.

When NowTV dropped the App support for the Sony PS3, NowTV was offering a free NowTV stick to PS3 owners that was using the App and where the PS3 was registered against their NowTV account.

Maybe have a word with NowTV live chat to see if they will offer you a free NowTV Stick to plug into the back of your LG TV.

Use this link for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

If the green chat button doesn't open or work for you, then try a different internet browser or send them a message using the web form on the same link above.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 will no longer be accepted - WHY?

Hi @Akicks 

Looks like it's relating to LG televisions using the older NetCast OS Smart Platform, where the NowTV App will not be available from the 24th of August from what i have read.

When NowTV dropped the App support for the Sony PS3, NowTV was offering a free NowTV stick to PS3 owners that was using the App and where the PS3 was registered against their NowTV account.

Maybe have a word with NowTV live chat to see if they will offer you a free NowTV Stick to plug into the back of your LG TV.

Use this link for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

If the green chat button doesn't open or work for you, then try a different internet browser or send them a message using the web form on the same link above.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you for your help. They will sent me a free stick. Excellent result. Thank you

Highlighted
Scholar 3

Glad that you have managed to get a solution that works for you. 

0 Thanks