cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 will no longer be accepted - WHY?

Yesterday I received a message on my LG tv's saying Now.tv will from 24th August 2020 not be allowed/work  - WHY?

Is there another way to continue using Now.tv on this LG Tv?

Surely I don't need another non LG tv just to continue watching it?

Can anyone explain?

Thanks,

Akicks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like it's relating to LG televisions using the older NetCast OS Smart Platform, where the NowTV App will not be available from the 24th of August from what i have read.

When NowTV dropped the App support for the Sony PS3, NowTV was offering a free NowTV stick to PS3 owners that was using the App and where the PS3 was registered against their NowTV account.

Maybe have a word with NowTV live chat to see if they will offer you a free NowTV Stick to plug into the back of your LG TV.

Use this link for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

If the green chat button doesn't open or work for you, then try a different internet browser or send them a message using the web form on the same link above.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like it's relating to LG televisions using the older NetCast OS Smart Platform, where the NowTV App will not be available from the 24th of August from what i have read.

When NowTV dropped the App support for the Sony PS3, NowTV was offering a free NowTV stick to PS3 owners that was using the App and where the PS3 was registered against their NowTV account.

Maybe have a word with NowTV live chat to see if they will offer you a free NowTV Stick to plug into the back of your LG TV.

Use this link for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

If the green chat button doesn't open or work for you, then try a different internet browser or send them a message using the web form on the same link above.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. They will sent me a free stick. Excellent result. Thank you

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad that you have managed to get a solution that works for you.