cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV App

I'm debating whether ot not to splash out on a new LG TV.  I was wondering, what sort of functionality does the app have?  Is it on par with the NOW TV box?  Cheers pethead65

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 u have that one?  Cool, i think i''ll go get one, yes i heard about freeview play coming, though having seen it on a mate's panasonic, it's not quite as good as youview imo

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@commanda6 u have that one?  Cool, i think i''ll go get one, yes i heard about freeview play coming, though having seen it on a mate's panasonic, it's not quite as good as youview imo

Hi @Anonymous User

The TV I have is basically the earlier version of the one @SeeMoreDigital mentioned earlier , I believe he mentioned the 49UH770V (2016) The model I have is the 49UF770V it's from 2015, so it's not old. But that means my TV doesn't have HDR support. But here's the thing about HDR. It's not a new technology, digital cameras have been able to do HDR for quite a while the digital camera. I bought 3/4 years ago can take HDR photos. So TV manufacturers charging you extra for a technology which isn't even new. The 2016 model which @SeeMoreDigital mentioned does support HDR if I'm not mistaken.

The thing with Freeview play is that beyond the base elements that are required. Individual manufacturers have a lot of control over the interface. As LG don't do rubbish interfaces. I would imagine LG's flavour of Freeview play is going to be rather good. To be fair, Panasonic's Freeview play interface isn't that bad either. I have one of their Freeview play PVRs. Humax, however, I don't know what they were thinking with their Freeview play interface.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @commanda6,

Does your 49UF770V offer a Freesat branded tuner. Or is just a standard DVB-S/S2 tuner?

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

Hi @commanda6,

Does your 49UF770V offer a Freesat branded tuner. Or is just a standard DVB-S/S2 tuner?

@SeeMoreDigital . It offers both terrestrial and satellite so S2 and T2 Smiley Happy I'm unable to use satellite TV in my area properly because the positioning of the BT Towers in the centre of Birmingham.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital It offers both terrestrial and satellite so S2 and T2 Smiley Happy 

Yep... My current LG offers a DVB-S/S2 tuner. However the new LG televisions have added Freesat brand support. Which might mean Freesat Freetime could be added at some time in the future, ie: Freesat's version of Freeview Play Smiley Happy

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@commanda6 yes I realise that about Freeview Play, it's not bad, just a bit annoying.  It doesn't work on my mates Panasonic on the HD channels, so u have to keep going back to SD channels to go back on the EPG

It's on;y a minor niggle, but I got a Youview box and got used to that!!

Legend 5
Legend 5

My LG was under £250
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 wrote:
My LG was under £250

@4268 Was it an old model?  they want £899 for the one i wantSmiley Surprised

BicBasher
Elite

@4268 @Anonymous User I seem to recall last year the shops were selling the pre Web OS 32" models for around that price.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Depends what you mean by old. It is a 28inch 🙂 Big enough for me at the moment.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.