cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG TV App

I'm debating whether ot not to splash out on a new LG TV.  I was wondering, what sort of functionality does the app have?  Is it on par with the NOW TV box?  Cheers pethead65

19 REPLIES 19
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I certainly have no complaints with funtionality of the 'app' on my pre webOS LG televisions. Currently, the NOW TV GUI on the LG television looks the same as the GUI on the 'NOW TV Box' 😉

Cheers

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I want one of these LG TV's (Suppose there is no harm in dreaming) maybe one day. Smiley Very Happy

LG_55EA980V_Oled_LesNumeriques.jpg

Legend 5
Legend 5

I actually prefer using it on my LG TV to the black box. Obviously the app works with the LG remote which is much better than the Now remote when navigating. The LG TV also has Netflix and Amazon. It doesn't have ITV Hub or 4OD. Neither have UKTV player.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

I rarely use the Smart apps on my LG set these days, prefering to switch between the Chromecast, Fire Stick and NOW TV Box.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
...The LG TV also has Netflix and Amazon. It doesn't have ITV Hub or 4OD. Neither have UKTV player.

LG television owners whos TV's run webOS should soon be getting Freeview Play, which will add ITV Hub and All4 and maybe a few more apps 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@4268 wrote:
...The LG TV also has Netflix and Amazon. It doesn't have ITV Hub or 4OD. Neither have UKTV player.

LG television owners whos TV's run webOS should soon be getting Freeview Play, which will add ITV Hub and All4 and maybe a few more apps 😉

Yes they said that in the shop.  The one I'm loooking at is the super UHD, the OLED is too expensive and I don't think I'd notice much difference as 49" is max size for my living room without it looking stupidly big lol
The one I saw had All4 and ITv Hub, I think it was missing Demand 5 or My5 whateber it is, but I rarely use that app anyway
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you're not bothered about 3D (which personally I'm not) the LG 49UH770V is a fair bit cheaper than the UH850V 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital  that's the one i've got my eye onSmiley Wink

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@SeeMoreDigital  that's the one i've got my eye onSmiley Wink

@Anonymous User . Can I just say I approve of your television choice. But then again I would approve. I have an LG 49UF770V (2015) webOS UHD TV which, as @SeeMoreDigital should be getting freeview play. I actually have a Freeview play PVR already. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.