cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beanie121
Scholar

Keep getting Home Screen Service Unavailable message??

Can't watch anything live. Keep getting a ' Home Screen is Temporarily not available please try again later ' message. Any ideas?

0 Thanks
46 Replies
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Keep getting Home Screen Service Unavailable message??

Hi @Beanie121 

What playback devices are you using ?

Is it only effecting the nowtv live channels and not the live channels on the BBC iPlayer & ITV Hub App ?

If so, is BT your ISP and are you using a BT Router ?

Or are you using a NowTV smart box and the over the air Freeview channels are not working ?

Beanie121
Scholar

Hi. Catch up services, Netflix ect all fine but if I try and watch anything live from the TV guide it freezes and re-boots and I get the same error message. Router is now TV as is the service provider

0 Thanks
Beanie121
Scholar

I can watch live via the ITV hub, ect ect

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Beanie121 

I am assuming you are using the NowTV box with the blue NowTV logo on the top casing with a TV aerial plugged into the back of the box ?

Have you tried a rescan of the Freeview channels by going into the box menu settings ?

If so and it's still happening, then try steps 1 & 6 on this linked trouble shooting guide.

Should you need to go to step 6 update the software even if your box is showing the same software version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

0 Thanks
Beanie121
Scholar

Factory reset worked! Thank you for your help 

Kay191

Now tv box and free view channels keep freezing 

0 Thanks
SnackAttack

Me too. I've been getting it for the past few days.. Wifi is fine, I can watch films and catchup, turned everything off and on again, tried updating settings but it's still not working... Any ideas???

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SnackAttack 

Who is your ISP is it BT or somebody else ?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SnackAttack 

If BT is your internet service provider, then have a read of this linked thread below with a work around to gain access to your live nowtv channels.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Unable-to-watch-live-TV-or-Sports/td-...

Should you be with another ISP ignore the above and have you gone into the NowTV box or stick menu settings under Advanced System Settings and tried a full factory reset ?

0 Thanks