cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep getting Home Screen Service Unavailable message??

Can't watch anything live. Keep getting a ' Home Screen is Temporarily not available please try again later ' message. Any ideas?

50 REPLIES 50
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is an old thread back in 2019 and the content of the thread relates to a different problem back in 2019.

I believe some forum members had success by continually pressing the back button on their NowTV Stick Remote or by pressing the Sky Store button on their NowTV remote to clear the error message.

Don't know if it will work for you or last resort try a factory reset on your NowTV Stick.

Here's a more recent thread about the NowTV Stick issue since a new firmware was rolled out.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Sorry-Now-TV-is-currently-unavailable/m-p/539611#M15033 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks David T10. This worked a treat 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Genius. Thank you sooo much. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv box and free view channels keep freezing 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too. I've been getting it for the past few days.. Wifi is fine, I can watch films and catchup, turned everything off and on again, tried updating settings but it's still not working... Any ideas???

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Who is your ISP is it BT or somebody else ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If BT is your internet service provider, then have a read of this linked thread below with a work around to gain access to your live nowtv channels.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Unable-to-watch-live-TV-or-Sports/td-p/503024/page/3

Should you be with another ISP ignore the above and have you gone into the NowTV box or stick menu settings under Advanced System Settings and tried a full factory reset ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had to do a factory reset and then it worked. I turned my router on and
off also. Try that! Worked for me x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just FYI I had to factory reset again today as same issue, live TV menu freezes, nowtv automatically reboots but just keeps happening over and over until I factory reset! @nowtv sort it out!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've had the same problem and I've got Nowtv broadband/tv.

software update didn't work, the only way seems to be a factory reset and then signing into everything again.

Now TV need to have a look at this issue and resolve it.