cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keep getting Home Screen Service Unavailable message??

Can't watch anything live. Keep getting a ' Home Screen is Temporarily not available please try again later ' message. Any ideas?

50 REPLIES 50
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback devices are you using ?

Is it only effecting the nowtv live channels and not the live channels on the BBC iPlayer & ITV Hub App ?

If so, is BT your ISP and are you using a BT Router ?

Or are you using a NowTV smart box and the over the air Freeview channels are not working ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Catch up services, Netflix ect all fine but if I try and watch anything live from the TV guide it freezes and re-boots and I get the same error message. Router is now TV as is the service provider

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can watch live via the ITV hub, ect ect

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using the NowTV box with the blue NowTV logo on the top casing with a TV aerial plugged into the back of the box ?

Have you tried a rescan of the Freeview channels by going into the box menu settings ?

If so and it's still happening, then try steps 1 & 6 on this linked trouble shooting guide.

Should you need to go to step 6 update the software even if your box is showing the same software version number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory reset worked! Thank you for your help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Factory Reset worked for me too, a bit of a pain as had to add TV channels and set up Netflix again. So let's hope the error doesn't come back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same! V. Annoying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No live TV channels but above message all other services normal .have tried reset to no avail any suggestions?????