cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

Jessica Jones on Netflix

For those of you who like your Marvel/DC superhero adaptations, Jessica Jones comes to Netflix on November 20th.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
8 REPLIES 8
BicBasher
Elite

Netflix have done a great job with Jessica Jones.   Well worth the watch.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
ukbobboy
Legend

Hi BicBasher

I will be definitely looking out for Jessica Jones, Marvel's follow up series of Luke Cage and possibly The Defenders.

You know, since Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil all exist in the same geographical area and in the same timeline I'm hoping against hope that Marvel & Netflix will have these three main characters appearing in one major kick a?? episode.

UK Bob

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy  At the very least, they will all appear together in a crossover mini-series 'The Defenders'.  But there's no timescale on when this will be yet.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi DaryIM

Defenders, a kind of street level Avengers, logically I don't see how that's going to work.

For example, Jessica Jones is messed up mentally and dosn't play well with others, in other words a pathological loner.

Luke Cage, a good guy who is an escaped prisoner trying to stay on the "downlow", not bring himself to the attention of the authorities.

Daredevil, has problem with crowds, his senses can get messed up by having too many gifted people in a confined space (taken from the time I used to read Daredevil comics).

And finally Iron Fist (actor yet to be signed), will probably be the only character with the temperament to work with people who are both gifted and conflicted.

You know, it will take very good writers to pull all the above together.

UK Bob

PS. I've attached a screen print of the original (Marvel Comic) Defenders.

BicBasher
Elite

Do we know if Netflix have acquired the rights to Luke Cage from Marvel as a Netflx Originals?

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher  Yes.  They're casting now.

It's produced by Marvel and ABC Studios for Netflix.

The fourth Marvel show for Netflix after that was planned to be Iron Fist.  But there are rumours that it might be The Punisher instead.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi BicBasher & DarylM

BB, I believe the character of Luke Cage has already been cast, to be played by Mike Colter (who also played Jameson Locke in Halo: Nightfall), and "Luke Cage" will guest star in a few episodes of "Jessica Jones".

DIM, Could there ever be a more anti-social and mentally disturbed character than the "Punisher" and how could he ever work with a gifted team?

Only Marvel and Netflix can tell Smiley Wink

UK Bob

BicBasher
Elite

@ukbobboy wrote:

Hi BicBasher & DarylM

BB, I believe the character of Luke Cage has already been cast, to be played by Mike Colter (who also played Jameson Locke in Halo: Nightfall), and "Luke Cage" will guest star in a few episodes of "Jessica Jones".

DIM, Could there ever be a more anti-social and mentally disturbed character than the "Punisher" and how could he ever work with a gifted team?

Only Marvel and Netflix can tell Smiley Wink

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

Yes, Mike Colter already features in Jessica Jones and excellent as Luke Cage too.