cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet

Does anyone know if I have virgin internet it’s being disconnected tomorrow do I need someone to come out to connect now tv internet if I decided to have it or can it be done over the phone?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Not sure if i have fully understood your question, so i apologise in advanced if i have misunderstood you.

Have you ordered NowTV Broadband & Phone and your planned scheduled date is tomorrow ?

When you go to My Account > Orders & Appointments whilst logged in on here does it say anything such has live date and engineers visit ?

Is there a current existing BT Telephone line plus a BT Telephone socket already inside your Home ?

The reason i am asking is that since about two days ago BT Openreach the people who fit the telephone line in people's homes will not be able to do any work inside people's homes if needed due to the Coronavirus Crisis and will only enter somebody's home for special cases such has the Disabled.

They will be able to undertake external works, but it is dependent on what's involved in your particular case.

If there is no BT line already in the home with a suitable BT phone socket you might have a big problem.

Maybe try keep phoning the NowTV telephone helpline given or see if these contact details in the link below you can reach NowTV somehow.

Where it might be worth speaking to Virgin Media as well where between NowTV & Virgin they can somehow keep the internet and phone working in your home.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

If it's a different question, post back with some more information.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks for the reply.

I've been with Nowtv broadband and calls for nearly a year. Payments were automatically coming out of my Tesco bank birect debit. Last month Tesco rang me up saying your account may be affected by fraud and they said they will cancel my card and send me a new one for piece of mind. 

I received the new card but I didn't update Nowtv . So when they tried to use direct debit it didn't work because I have new card.

So I updated online to my new card details but I can't see how I pay my last bill that they couldn't get from old card numbers.

So now i have 7 days to pay before my Nowtv broadband and calls are cancelled. 

I can't speak to a human and the bot is putting me in a loop. 

If they tried my new card details they would get paid but I can't speak or contact them to try again.

It's so frustrating and I can't see a way out argghhhhh

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing the link that i sent you by PM didn't work ?

Don't know what else to suggest apart from send them a complaint on the web form on the link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

Edit - ignore the above at the moment where i have just read the PM message you sent me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't tried it yet. So fingers crossed the link will work 👍 I'm going to try it first thing tomorrow morning after 9am . Thanks if it works I will let you know 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I’m Virgin cuts out tomorrow I’m thinking of going with now tv as like you say know one will come and fit anything for obvious reason that I totally understand I do have a phone line with virgin but I also had sky before and they used the phone line that was already fitted in the house i Would of stuck with virgin but there prices are crazy and now tv seems such a good offer.thanks for getting back to me.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you was previously on Sky Broadband and the telephone line and phone socket is still suitable to reuse then you might be able to switch to another Internet Service Provider such has NowTV, Sky, TalkTalk, BT, Plusnet etc without home access by an Engineer.

Though each circumstances is different and BT Openreach may still need to access your home which will not be possible with the Coronavirus crisis at the moment (apart from special cases like the Disabled), so there is always a small chance you will have no internet or phone.

I believe NowTV usually ask for about a two week lead in time from date of order for getting a Broadband active if its straightforward (not sure if this date is effected by the Coronavirus disruption or if an Engineer needs to be booked which will take longer).

My Dad had an existing BT phone line in his house and because he switched from Broadband to Fab Fibre the BT Engineer when making the connection at the local street cabinet found during testing there was a fault on the line, where it was traced  back to the BT Master socket in  my Father's home and the BT Engineer needed to enter the house to replace the  socket to a more compatible socket that was suitable.

Also i don't know the time frame involved going with another ISP, where you will have to check around on their websites. 

Not sure if something like 4G internet would be a viable option (never looked into it myself and not sure costs, availability in your area and if it requires a home engineers visit, lead in time etc).