cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet crashing and poor download speed while streaming channels

Hi

My Broadband with Now has been fine until a week ago when the Tv started buffering while I am watching Amazon Prime and Netflix etc. 

Yesterday it switched off completely. I ran a check and it said Status connected, Wireless signal strength excellent, Download speed Poor, Error code 018.

I tried rebooting it, switching it off, switching off router, but nothing helped so no TV for me last night. That was the second night running.

Yesterday morning I was working from home and I lost internet connection completely. It said server error. I messaged the rest of my team and another colleague who is with NOW Broadband had also lost connection. 

Has anyone got any ideas please?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been happening to us too.

Can't watch anything without it buffering (but haven't had any error messages) and the internet completely drops at least 5 times a day. 

I've sent several 'notes' to NowTV and no one has contacted me. I find it utterly ridiculous that you can't speak to anyone and they just ignore messages. Fuming! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply. 🙂

Oh heck it's not good is it! I now can't get a wifi signal upstairs either. Do you just give up trying to stream or have you found a way around it? 

I realise there are alot of us working from home but you would think they would boost everyone's strength temporarily. 

I too have contacted them but had no response. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like this is happening to more and more of us, I tend to watch programs I want to see on my pc sometimes it's a live program or a catchup one makes no difference, while hubby is on the main tv, my programs of late buffer, freeze or even time out completely, I have uninstalled the player and re-installed it but after about only half hour it starts again, today hubby wanted to watch a catchup program on the main tv but just kept getting the message that there was a problem with error code 100, no idea what this is as I can't find a listing for it anywhere, and it sounds like it's not going to be worth contacting them about it, as far as I can tell the only difference between yourselves and us it that we don't have the NowTv broadband we have it with another supplier.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really is terrible. And it seems we're not the only ones suffering.

I just want to speak to someone about a box upgrade, but apparently NOW is just run by robots! 

We've messed about with settings,  which helps for about 30 minutes, then it all goes to pot again. 

Rubbish!