cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interactive service trial

I see that there is an interactive service trial starting for the smart box. 

Will this mean mean we can get red button on sky sports? 

What else would be included with interactive services 

13 REPLIES 13
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I think the way to get a quick answer to that would be to sign up for the trial! Not sure NOW TV team will explain until it's launched and anyone on the trial will be asked not to discuss on the public forum

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good point! I suppose I'll just have to wait and see 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Just going on the observation that its specifically for the smart box with Freeview and the form asks for an aerial connection I'd guess it's not the sports pass red button if that's what you were hoping for, but I've not applied personally so it is just a guess.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have just completed the form and at the bottom it does mention red button so this seems to be what it is, also ask for an address which normally indicates they are sending something out?  A remote?

hope to be part of it, not sure if the one before Christmas ever happened as I only applied for it on the smart box but only the black and the white boxes appeared on the community.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I try to fill in the form on my iPhone it keeps saying required field for the smart box serial number. I have entered it exactly as on the device, does it need to be in a certain format. Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Try entering the device ID which is all numbers and can be found on Settings>System>About in that field, and then enter the serial number (which on my box is a mixture of letters and numbers) in the box at the bottom for extra info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hopefully we will all get in to the trial. I love testing new things for now tv, it makes you feel a little special as you're getting to shape the TV service you love to use 🙂 not many providers allow it. Most others just give you a box and tell you to like it. Sky are nice that way 🙂

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Personally speaking... I wont be applying for this particular trial because I don't use the 'smart' boxes DVB-T/T2 tuner. I only use it to access NOW TV content...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

You know Andy

I'm not taking part in the forthcoming trial but I would like to speculate a bit about any extra facilities.

I'm guessing but it's unlikely there will be any extra channels/apps or the USB port activated, however they may update the O/S.

As for the freeview part, as I don't use it I have no interest but other members that do will probably do they're own speculating.

UK Bob