cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV Channels Disappeared

THIS IS FOR ITV CHANNELS - NOT THE ITV HUB !!!

I had 175 channels, then as usual ITV and a few other channels start going distorted and then "No Signal" !!!

Soon as I do a channel search, total channels has gone from 175 down to 148?

I had tried a factory reset and played with several of the hidden menus also,

So there isn't much I can't try !!!

I have a good outdoor aerial and cable and everything else is good,

I will add this is now the 3rd box in under a year, YES that's 3 boxes since I have had NOW TV, Im tired of this now !!!

Any advice guys? 

Does anyone else have problems with ITV Channels? 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you connect the TV aerial directly into the back of your television in built tuner and do a fresh retune of your TV, does the missing channels show ?

Also, i would double check on this website link below that there is no planned maintenance work of any TV transmitters or Relays in your regional area which may be causing the  loss of channels.

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/planned_engineering_works

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Although I don't watch as much freeview TV as I used to, however I had noticed that CBS Reality + 1 (freeview channel 67) and Pick + 1 (freeview channel 91) recently vanished.

There may have been other leavers and some new joiners but, I must admit, I'm not that bothered because I find myself watching quite a good amount of YouTube nowadays.

UK Bob

PS. I find myself facinated by the machinations of the US president.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Everything is fine on a Freeview TV and no work has been planned in the area, it just always seems to be itv 1 and all other itv channels? Maybe it's time to leave now tv

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It could be possible that there are more than one transmitter in your regional coverage area, where the smart box is latching onto one of the weaker transmitters that doesn't carry all the mutiplex COM (see this website for the different mutiplex which carries the various TV channels).

Does the missing channels on your smart box match any of the mutiplex on the list ?

https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes

If the smart box is picking up more than one TV transmitter, it doesn't usually give you an option in it's TV scan menu settings to select / save the best suited transmitter.

A few smart boxes owners have mentioned that they have had various success by adding a Y splitter on the incoming TV aerial and sharing the TV signal with another Freeview TV device such as the inbuilt TV tuner on your television which filters out the weaker transmitter and forces the smart box then to automatically latch onto the main transmitter in your region.

If you have a TV Y splitter knocking around in the house somewhere, then it might be worth giving it a go (no garantee it will work mind) and also make sure that you rescan the TV channels on the smart box afterwards.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issues with ITV and other channels on NOW TV

Thinking of leaving NOW TV also

Anyone else having these issues

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
No issues with Freeview channels but if you go to a516digital.com it will tell you about weather affecting channels since retune.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cannot get any ITV channels on my TV this evening tried retuning TV but can only get BBC channels ?????

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I cannot get any ITV channels on my TV this evening tried retuning TV but can only get BBC channels ?????

Is there a NowTV box implicated in here anywhere?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i can not get any signal for it channels this has been happening in and off for about 4 weeks but they have gone all together now. I have a Samsung smart tv and now tv as the supplier. I've rescanned the channels and rebooted tv and messed with cables but no joy. BBC channels are fine and internet fine too.

any advice please?