cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will post this here as there doesn't seem to be an obvious forum for feedback

I started a trial of NowTV and have been mostly happy with the quality of content but will be cancelling once I have paid for the two weeks, the reason that NowTV is not for me is some obvious omissions and niggles in the service provided

1. No subtitles, I tend to watch TV once the children have gone to bed and having subtitles means that I do not need to have the sound too high. I am also wondering if the content has has the volume reduced already for use on sky's main network so the adverts are blaring, certainly the voume is lower than on other streaming providers I have used.

2. No chapter jumps on the media centres I used including youview(BT), yes you can fast forward/rewind but without being able to see the movie it makes it hard to know when to stop. Why the service is trying to emulate old video cassette systems is beyond me but not being able to see the move whilst skipping and no chapter jumps is so last century.

3. Device restrictions, I had 3 devices on my list 2 of which would not be used for over a week so I deleted them to avoid hitting the "four devices before restrictions apply" only to find that the restrictions still apply and I am down to 1 device with option to add 2 more. I can understand NowTV wanting to prevent one account being used by multiple people but all the devices were from the same IP and location.

The real problem is the limit on adding new devices, why? what does this do other than annoy people unnecessarily, yes limit total active devices to 4 but allow your customers to control which are active without penalty. My family have way more than four devices  that are capable of showing content via NowTV and being forced to use only the first four tried is too much of a restriction.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We really appreciate your feedback and while I can't answer all the points you've made I'd like to respond where I can.

1. We're aware that there is a need for subtitles and we are working on bringing these to the service - however there is a lot of work involved in this and right now I can't provide any more information.

2. This is a fair point, but as when you return to watch a show that you've not fished it should pick up from where you left off this means you shouldn't need to fast forward, however it dosn't change if you need to rewind and again agree with this point and will feed it back.

3. We know the device changes restrictions can be frustrating. These are in place in line with our content agreements. There's more information about device changes here. We're usually flexible if someone reaches there limit accidentally but only in the first instance. 

As we continue to grow we're committed to making the service better so the information you've provided really is important to us getting it right.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

We really appreciate your feedback and while I can't answer all the points you've made I'd like to respond where I can.

1. We're aware that there is a need for subtitles and we are working on bringing these to the service - however there is a lot of work involved in this and right now I can't provide any more information.

2. This is a fair point, but as when you return to watch a show that you've not fished it should pick up from where you left off this means you shouldn't need to fast forward, however it dosn't change if you need to rewind and again agree with this point and will feed it back.

3. We know the device changes restrictions can be frustrating. These are in place in line with our content agreements. There's more information about device changes here. We're usually flexible if someone reaches there limit accidentally but only in the first instance. 

As we continue to grow we're committed to making the service better so the information you've provided really is important to us getting it right.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

@Anonymous User Yes, the device restriction rules are quite strict.

I suspect that many customers would prefer something akin to the Netflix model (allow access from any of many devices that the customer has BUT restrict concurrent viewing from a specific number of those devices - my Netflix package allows 2) for ultimate customer flexibility whilst retaining NOW TV's overall policy of restricting concurrent access.

I think it would also be easier for customers to understand and comply with, eliminate accidental device change breaches, and reduce the number of queries on this topic and provide an overall improvement in customer satisfaction.

Apart from that though, the idea hasn't got much going for it, has it? 😉