cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I have been over charged

Hello,

i have just just gone through all my accounts over the last 2 years and I have found that Now tv I have spent £1,052 on now tv the only subscriptions I have are tv was £7.99 now £8.99 and movies was £9.99 now £11.99. I have only just noticed that each payment for each subscription has been taken twice a month for that last 2 years. I also have random transactions on there for £14.99 and £12.99 I have done a total to see what I should have paid over the last 2 years and what I was actually charged and there is a £525 variance.

can anyone help me as Nowtv do not list a telephone contact anywhere and the Nowbot won’t give me the option to discuss refunds.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If Live Chat won’t listen - though they should - your best option is to raise a complaint.

Give chapter and verse, and don’t assume this is all on one account, unless you can see every penny of that £1052 (or at least all the money as far back as it goes) on My Account/Bills & payments:-

Complaint webform for TV issues:-

https://help.nowtv.com/complaints/tv

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB 

Hi Suiter

Just wanted to add a point or two to Roy's words of wisdom:

1) Have you set up a secret PIN on your Now TV account?  

If not you may find that a "friend or family member" may be ordering extra films, etc. and paying for it by using your bank account. Therefore, if this is the case, add that secret PIN asap.

2) Is it possible that you, or someone else, has set up a second account by mistake?

Unfortunately, many Now TV members forget that they've set up a second account, usually done by chasing a limited special offer, and don't realise that unless they specifically cancel that "special offer" it will continue rolling on as a monthly subscription.

Anyway, hope my extra points helped.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just noticed the same thing on my account that some months I've been charged upto £800 this has been going on 2yrs that I know of how do I get a refund and how do I call now TV or get in touch with them

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore the Nowbot; that isn’t anything more than a Help searcher with rudimentary AI.

You can’t call NowTV, but you can use Live Chat:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.