cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I currently have an Entertainment pass

I currently have an Entertainment pass which I have had for months which automatically renews on the 14th every month. I have always watched Now tv on both my tablet and my TV.

I now have a problem as TV is now displaying message for me to buy a pass to continue watching even though if I check in my accounts that payment has been taken.

I am worried if I press buy another pass on my TV screen that I will be charged twice.

However I can still view my watch list on my tablet, can anybody offer any advice please?

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

With regards to the playback of NowTV via your TV is it from the TV inbuilt App or from an external device such as a NowTV box etc ?

What happens if you sign out on the NowTV App on your TV switched off the power to the TV / external device, then once powered back on resign in again with your account details to see if it asks you to purchase an entertainment pass ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying schnapps

I have a Now Tv box

Every time I sign back in to my TV it asks me to buy a new pass and I am unable to view any programs

I have tried signing out [done this 5 times] I have also powered off the device at mains for a few mins and then for 10 mins and then over night was still the same next day.

I have also unplugged every cable and plugged them all back in again but still no change

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I know a small handful of customers had a similar issue back a few months ago, but I was under the impression whatever caused it was fixed.

I will tag @Karl-F the community manager on here to see if one of NowTV Team members can assist you further.

Edit _ Have you tried a factory reset on the box by going into the settings menu to see if that makes any difference ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much schnapps

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Whilst waiting for a member of the NowTV Forum Team to contact you, have you tried previously a full factory reset of the box, if not more info below on the procedure, where you will have to setup your box again from scratch by entering your existing account details and WiFi network password.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-tv-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just done the factory reset but this has made no difference, TV screen is still telling me i need to pay right now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

One last question are you using a Sky ID or username in your account settings ?

If so, what happens if you use your email address and password instead of the above ?

If you already use your email address as your log in details, then ignore this post.

Hopefully a member of the NowTV Forum Team will pick up this from here and offer you further assistance.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could try NowTV live chat, where they should be able to look at your account on their computer system.

Here's the link if you wish to talk to them, click on the Anything else drop down arrow which will bring up the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just one more question..

Does anybody know if I just go ahead and click on the pay now box, will I then have two passes running concurrently for the same service, therefore be charged twice for an entertainment pass?

Will Now TV refund this overpayment if this happens?