cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to send mail to NowTV

So, I am in the middle of setting up NowTV in Ireland, and have hit several issues, and can't get any help from them, the chat to a rep real time is a disaster software wise, the window is slow, unresponsive and keeps hiding behind other windows, and for reasons best known to NowTV, the send message option won't work, regardless of what I do, there's no blank fields, but it won't send the message.

Then of course there's the problem of what system I am actually on. It wouldn't let me use my "normal" mail address, as it said it was already in use, which is news to me, as I didn't have a NowTV account, though I do have a sky account, (at the moment).

So, why do I want to contact them.

I have a black NowTV box, but it will not work, or to be more specific, it won't sign on to the service, and on the basis that I've been around computers for a very long time, I am almost certain that the reason is that the box is looking at the UK site, rather than the Irish Site.

I have a fully operational and working Irish NowTV account, so I'm not trying to circumvent any provisions, I just want to get the box (a present from a UK family member) working.

I've tried a factory reset, and had a quick look at some of the hidden screens, but I can't see any settings that would tell it to download an Irish version rather than a UK version.

Is this possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

To hopefully clear things up for you, if you have a now TV box that was purchased in the UK you will not be able to use this in the ROI as it is geo Locked. You would need to purchase a Box in the ROI in order to watch Now TV via a Box. You can purchase a Box from our ROI website directly or by going to your local Curry's, DID, Power City, Soundstore. Currently we don't have a ROI community site setup and so this site is for the UK only. If you need any help you would need to speak with our Live Chat team here http://ienow.tv/help to send a message you would need to be logged in to your ROI account.

Hope this helps with your query

Thanks

Eddie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Steve

As far as I'm aware, NowTV boxes and apps will only work in the UK and is geo-locked from working anywhere else in the world. 

Therefore, unless a NowTV rep says otherwise, there is no such thing as an Irish NowTV, so no matter what you do you will not/cannot get NowTV to work in the Republic.

However, someone may say something different.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy there is now Irish Now it launched recently. https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2017/now-tv,-the-‘no-strings’-online-streaming-serv...
@Anonymous User did you try www.now.com/ie you may need to clear cookies. The box should work. It​ would make little sense for them to distribute two of the same boxes and would cause confusion.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User

Hi 4268

Thanks for that info, I honestly had no idea that NowTV was now in Ireland, since  26th April as well.

Once again, cheers.

Steve

Sorry for the misinformation, I was still under the impression that NowTV was a UK only company, but now it seems that they are going international (maybe even global).

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, to clarify that.

I've tried sending messages option in both Firefox, which would be my normal active browser, and in Chrome, and I did try clearing all cookies in Firefox, my suspicion is that there are issues with the new section of the web site using different pages, Sky, and probably also Now, have a history of getting things wrong when dealing with Ireland, their notification system for Don't Miss can't cope with the fact that the Irish Channels are different on Sky, and in the same way, while the NOW hardware is identical, I have already been able to prove that the software being used on the box is different for Ireland, but getting specific information on what those differences are, and how to get at them is likely to be a problem.

The Irish package has different options available, due to different broadcasters, so it will be downloading a different set of updates to the UK box, and there's clearly a separate database for that, but, there are issues with the Irish site checking for some information on the UK site.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

To hopefully clear things up for you, if you have a now TV box that was purchased in the UK you will not be able to use this in the ROI as it is geo Locked. You would need to purchase a Box in the ROI in order to watch Now TV via a Box. You can purchase a Box from our ROI website directly or by going to your local Curry's, DID, Power City, Soundstore. Currently we don't have a ROI community site setup and so this site is for the UK only. If you need any help you would need to speak with our Live Chat team here http://ienow.tv/help to send a message you would need to be logged in to your ROI account.

Hope this helps with your query

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my one year old purchased a £11.99 bundle on my NowTV I cancelled the bundle already I just want to no when the money will be back in my account as I’m a single mother and I need to buy things 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this link thread below which i replied too on what you need to do to prevent this happening again in the future and how to contact NowTV live chat about getting a refund.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/payment/m-p/505126#M9654