cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to quickly insert a known URL in YouTube Search area

Just started with NOW TV and I'd like to see some YouTube videos which I normally see on my desktop on my telly.   I'm a rookie at this and don't know how to apply the quick option so any help would be good.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  if you load Youtube in Chrome you can actually just simply click the cast button in the video and cast to your Now TV box, it will play.  No need to over complicate things 🙂

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Rather than entering URLs it would be easier to add the videos you are interested in to a subscription playlist on your YouTube account, and then sign into the YouTube app on the box and access your playlists on there (from the Library option on the Menu).

Alternately you can pair the YouTube app on the box with your computer, tablet or mobile and then send a video you want to watch from the computer, tablet or mobile straight to the box where it will play on your TV. Depending on your setup you'll either see the cast button straight away or you'll need to manually pair the app on the NOW TV box. See here for instructions

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3230451

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Rather than entering URLs it would be easier to add the videos you are interested in to a subscription playlist on your YouTube account, and then sign into the YouTube app on the box and access your playlists on there (from the Library option on the Menu).

Hi @Anonymous User

@Andy , it's correct what he has said above would be the best method.

I would add though that a YouTube account these days is actually a Google account. If you have an android phone, you will already have a Google account that you can use with the YouTube app on the box. Once you've logged into the YouTube app on the box. You will also be able to play back all your Google play movies and TV purchases using the YouTube app Smiley Wink

You login to the YouTube app on the box by going to the sign in option in the app. This will bring a code up on the TV screen which you need to enter into the following webpage

https://www.youtube.com/activate

Upon going to the web page above. If you're not logged in to your Google account. You will be asked to sign in

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  if you load Youtube in Chrome you can actually just simply click the cast button in the video and cast to your Now TV box, it will play.  No need to over complicate things 🙂

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.