cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How many people on the forum have the full package Now tv?

And do you feel its worth the money?

I have the full package at the moment with deals and am getting everything for £39 combined.

It could always be cheaper and still think sports is overpriced at £25 (12 month deal) as Sky subscribers pay less. 

Also don't think we should have to pay £3 for HD. 

All in all though I do think it's good. 

Would people be interested if Now tv actually came out with 12 month packages with everything for say £35 a month?

Just an idea. Just wondering what people think and what could make now tv passes better. 

7 REPLIES 7
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I have everything except kids and hayu, which I would never watch.

Cinema is free (email offer of two free months - I have it on two accounts; daughter very happy)

Entertainment £3.49/month (offer from chat)

Sports £16.67/month (bought 3 month stick for £50 last Black Friday)

Boost £2/month (took up offer on exclusive offers)

So currently paying £22.15/month for the whole shebang.  Good value at that price, but I wouldn’t pay much more.  I always cancel Cinema and Entertainment as offer expires and either take the retention offer or wait for an email offer.   No big issue to not have either for a month or two as I have Netflix and Amazon to watch.  With sport, I never pay more than £20/month and currently have  4 passes that were given to me by Now TV I need to use by Mid-2021.

Personally, given what happened with the shutdown of sports in March this year, I would rather go month by month rather than committing to a year.

ukbobboy
Legend

@SweetBlitz  @Anonymous User 

Guys

First, I do not have a full Now TV package because that is too much like putting all my eggs in one basket, and that is my way of avoiding Murphy's Law, i.e. what can go wrong will go wrong.  Instead, I get six months worth of Entertainment Passes in one go.

Second, I now find myself with an abundance of entertainment options, including Amazon Prime, Spotify, more free TV apps than I can possibly view, more free Internet music stations than I can possibly listen to, as well as all the media owned by my son and myself.  There is just no more space or time to absorb and enjoy any more.

The upshot of the above is that I have to be more selective about what and when to enjoy my entertainment, for example, I am now binge watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, both seasons 1 & 2 (well not "now" actually - I'm listening to some ol' skool music). Managed to squeeze in episode 8 of The Boys today on Amazon Prime, so you see there's not much time left for anything else.

So Boys, because there is so much out there and Now TV's having so many technical problems it's somewhat inadvisable to depend on one supplier for all your entertainment requirements.

UK Bob

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Doubt anyone has one supplier as such.  I have Now, Netflix and Amazon along with all the normal catch up services + Virgin basic TV and Freeview.  Also I have GAAGO.   And pay for the odd movie.

Taking time out of Now TV Cinema and Entertainment is always good from time to time to get a refresh of new movies and shows.

ukbobboy
Legend

@SweetBlitz 

Yeah SB

You are definitely right when you said, "Doubt anyone has one supplier as such." and I guess I over egged my point to make a point.

Still, reading various posts in this forum shows that there are a huge number people, including myself, are having a range of significant problems, hence my backwards way of recommending diversity of choice to avoid Murphy's...

UK Bob

starman73
Elite

@ukbobboy 

I tend have either Netflix or Now for a couple of months at a time.  I switch between the two and binge until there little left on one before switching to the other.  Though there are periods I don’t have either.

Sport normally gets ditched in June and July.

Amazon is a constant as I have Prime for music and free delivery as well as movies.

GAAGO is also constant as it is an annual pass, though in the main it is only worth watching Jan-Mar and May - July.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73  @SweetBlitz 

Yeah SM

I like binge watching too, whether it's iPlayer, Amazon, Now TV, or whatever else takes my fancy at the time, e.g  I've just finish watching Terminator: TheSarah Connor Chronicles.

I must admit though, I don't watch any sports unless it's Euro, World Cup or the Olympics.

Plus, I do like listening to music, at least, 3 or 4 times a week for 2 or so hours a session but I don't always make it.

We all like our entertainment fix but in different amounts and flavours, makes life interesting (and keeps our minds of the 2020 doom and gloom). 

UK Bob

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I don't watch any sports unless it's Euro, World Cup or the Olympics.

That keeps costs down. Currently I pay £12/month for BT Sport on top of Now TV sports, so near enough £30/month.  I cancel over the summer, so annual outlay is around £250.   But won’t be doing pay per view games.  £15/game is madness.