Not applicable

Help

My now tv is showing pop ups its so annoying how do I remove them

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can you elaborate it has pop ups? What device are you using? Is this Now TV stick? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its the now tv stick and its say energy efficient  then series 6 and hdmi4 qns all other ones all in a row 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

So at what point are you getting these pop ups? 

Is the software for the stick up to date?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are there constantly along the bottom then move to the side, and I think so yes.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As a guess you could try putting the stick back to factory settings. Pop ups should not be happening on any Now TV device 

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User 

Hi Steph,

This is very odd. 

Would you be able to take a photo and upload it here so we can take a look?

You should see a box that says "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" when you reply to this message, you can use this to upload a photo.

Thanks

Simon

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User do you by any chance have a brand new TV or a TV that you've changed the settings on. This sounds like a TV in 'store mode' showing the specifics of the TV model when on display in a shop!

I'll even hazard a guess that you have a Samsung TV.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Saint1976 

Try unplugging the Stick from the TV. If @Saint1976 is right, and I’m pretty sure that he is, these ‘popups’ will continue.

Look for ‘Store Mode’ or ‘Demo Mode’ in the Samsung TV Menu settings, and change it to ‘Customer Mode’ or ‘User Mode’, or whatever the name for this is these days.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB most likely they won't continue if you unplug the stick.

Ads are configured to run only when an HDMI connection is in use. If you unplug/switch off a connected device then Eco mode should kick in and power down the TV (normally after 2 minutes) in line with EU energy regulations.