cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanW19922401
Advocate

Google Stadia Priority

Hi,

I've been frantically searching the internet for some help with this but cannot find any think any where on it. I am a gamer, I've just started venturing into could gaming. I recently upgraded, my now Tv package for this so I could enjoy gaming while my Fiancé watches tv.  I have come to learn that i need to prioritize my google ultra chrome cast in order to get the best out of my google stadia set up. Does anyone know how to prioritize on the now tv maintenance site. I've tried looking for some where to input the ip address for it but there isn't any where obvious to me as to where/what I should be putting that information.

If any one could help me by sharing this knowledge id be truly grateful.

Many thanks  

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeanW19922401 

Give the broadband team a call and see if they can help you. 

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

NOW Broadband customers can get in touch anytime between 8am–11pm.

Call us 0330 041 2480
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@SeanW19922401 

What is ‘could gaming’?

But the place to prioritise this traffic is in your router. And the thing to arrange is the QoS (Quality of Service) settings.

If they exist on this router, and are user-discoverable and user-amendable.

I don’t see any information on this on the Now Help, but here’s a Sky customer with the issue:-

https://superuser.com/questions/386488/networking-i-want-to-prioritise-traffic-on-a-sky-router-witho...

Now routers are Sky routers, though I don’t know if they are this one.

Please note, though, that QoS is normally set up to prioritise the smooth provision of video.

Make the TV that your fiancée is watching all jerky, and you may find that her quality of service to you declines accordingly…..

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.