cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

Google Play via Chromecast

I'm casting the film La Famille Bélier to my Chromecast.   It's a French film which you'd expect to output at 50hz with motion judder, but it appears Google re-encode their films at 60hz, so it plays without any at all or a glaze effect which I've found when casting NOW TV.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Google do not broadcast to live tv channels in the UK..

SkyUK broadcast versions are 25/50fps... the master content for sd broadcast remains a restriction.. they have to support.

NowTV does not broadcast or have any exclusive Content.. it mirrors whats all ready on SkyUK dish and VM cable… and BT vision… 

The 4k skyuk dish service will have the 30 fps mode… as it runs of the down scaled 8k dish platform Astra have built… 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Chromecast supports Now TV, but I notice it's not on the list of services for Google Home.  Will NowTV be added to the voice enabled video services for Google Home?  It works brilliantly with Netflix, and would really enhance the Now TV experience.