cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing Sky Sports pas

I want to freeze my Sky Sports pass given that there is no live sports coverage. The alternative is to cancel but might end up having to pay a penalty for that.

I can see that this is already being offered if you subscribe directly through Sky. Has anyone been able to do this?

The Chat bot doesn't seem to want you to ask this question.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on a contract until August and I would like my pass suspended also. However, there has been no word from NowTV about how to do this. If they are not offering this option they should be reported to the appropriate authorities. Has anyone had any luck contacting them?

starman73
Elite

I am on a contract until August

How are you on a contract for the sports pass?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I cancelled my Now Sports subscription and advised them that I felt it was inappropriate for them to continue to charge full rate when the content clearly fell well below normal service. At the time I was not aware of the Sky announcement. To date I have not had a response to my message to them. I also note that the NOW TV customer Chat line facility has been suspended allegedly due to the coronavirus situation. Not sure what else we can do. Perhaps if they notice a significant number of Sports subscription cancellations they may wake up and do something or perhaps someone might be minded to monitor this community chat line. As always time will tell. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is definitely a problem with how NOW tv stream data and how NOWTV  devices handle it, On the same device types with Amazon prime and BT sport I do not see any similar issues.

I am retired now but have analysed similar issues with live streaming  with other platforms over the last 10 years .

The REPLICABLE problem is the picture starts freezing or stuttering and eventually freezes while audio runs for a while until in generates a player error.

With out in depth analysis  I think the problem is down to inability to error correct and the protocol used HDS? . However as this is a sunscription service NOW TV really need to get their act together as it very poor 

Jowdi
Advocate

I would like to know this too.   If Now can’t answer I’ll cancel my pass.    But won’t be keen to buy another when things are back to normal.  

starman73
Elite

The alternative is to cancel but might end up having to pay a penalty for that.

There is NO penalty to cancel your pass.  The whole point of Now TV is it is contract free.  Ok, you may lose a few days viewing, but better that than paying £20-34/month for next month and beyond.

Different if you have a season pass. In that case you won’t get an immediate refund, so a case of wait and see.