cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview

Please can someone tell me do I get freeview with my new fibre broadband tv and tel package as I’m confused, it doesn’t take much so all answers are appreciated. Thanks 😊 simonb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

You won't get any arguments from me on the communication!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Now TV do not distribute Freeview, nor do any other supplier.

Freeview is distributed through terrestrial transmitters only. You will need a aerial connected to your television to receive it.

Some of the channels are streamed through apps (iPlayer, ITV Hub and TVPlayer) and transmitted via Freesat free of charge.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So with a now tv contract you get no tv apart from the 14 sky ones is this
the case. 🤔
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User that's correct. The equipment is designed to use streaming apps, like iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix but there is no receiver so you won't get Freeview.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for that it now means that I have a service that is not what I
wanted. I’ll see what the signal on the broadband is like for a week but
may be going back to previous provider as the communication is atrocious
and the service is crap.
Saint1976
Elite 3

You won't get any arguments from me on the communication!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You will get a total of 17 channels that you can stream live (and watch-on demand) via your internet connection. No need for a terrestrial aerial at all. You can get a dedicated NOW TV box/stick that provides a 'TV Guide' through which these channels can be accessed, as well as all the box sets that are available from each (content varies) 

• Sky One
  • Sky Witness
  • Sky Atlantic
  • GOLD
  • Comedy Central
  • Sky Comedy
  • SYFY
  • Sky Crime
  • Sky Arts
  • FOX
  • Discovery
  • MTV
  • National Geographic
  • Sky Nature
  • Sky Documentaries
  • Sky History
  • Sky News

The idea of the NOW platform is to provide all the top-tier content from these channels which aren't available on Freeview.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same confusion and same thoughts re returning to original provider. Just curious: did you manage to sort anything re freeview while staying with NowTV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can get a now tv freeview box 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What would have been ideal for you is the Now TV Smart box, However Now TV no longer sell this, you might be able to pick up one from Amazon. 

That being said, the Now TV stick is setup only to run apps, so you'll find BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, All4 and My5 there. All apps on the Now TV stick will play Live TV based on their channels. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help